🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelebthĂ´l

Loremaster
Reaction score
God just is, neither a he or a she. God is everything. God is he's and she's. However, im not sure that we are allowed to talk on such things on the forum. . . you may find this thread closed soon :(

C

celebdraug

But is a good thread!
Prrsonally i think he is neither! God id just God! he doesnt have a shape!

Gandalf White

Gone Missing
Reaction score
Why wouldn't we be allowed to talk of such things?

I remember a thread much like this a while back...very interesting. Anyway, I think God is neither male nor female, although I always refer to 'him' as a 'he.'

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
I'm an agnostic/atheist so I don't really believe in God.
But I would assume that, in a way like Brahman in Buddhism (to which I adhere more than to Christianity), God is not a being but a notion and an all-surrounding energy.

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
I don't believe in God either. If there would be one, he would have to be almighty, all-knowing and merciful. But that's just my idea, I have never really thought about it cause I don't believe in God and I never had a reason to think about it in detail.

klugiglugus

Edward hall
Reaction score
There is a god but it is every thing, creation is every thing, god=creation=every thing, there is a god but not in the religous sense more in the physical sense, there in only one moral for this physical god 'might is right' if you have the ability to do some thing then you can do it, this god won't make you feel guilty but it will make you feel depressed.

Turin

...Lost
Reaction score
Originally posted by celebdraug
But is a good thread!
Prrsonally i think he is neither! God id just God! he doesnt have a shape!
If we are made in the image of God, then how can He not have a shape?:p

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
*gasp* Celeb! You're blaspheming! :eek:
Should I give you Warning Points, or what..? ;) :D

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
Discussing this is pretty much futile as there is no proof (other than a changed heart and life) of anyone's views....Plus the 'religion police' may come and whine to the higher authority that this thread is forcing religion down their throats. :rolleyes:

My belief is that if God is not personal, righteous and intervening in our lives, He is no God at all. He is a waste of space, time and energy if He is not useful at all in pertaining to His creation. If He is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent He is not worthy to be worshipped. If He just IS, you might as well be worshipping a stone or a chunk of wood.

This is why I believe in the personal Creator of the Hebrew/Christian scriptures. To believe God as anything else makes it hard to derive any true meaning or purpose in one's life.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Sounds right IMHO, at least pertaining to the general Western view of 'God'.

Tinuvien21

Reaction score
We are made in the image of God, but He is all powerful. In the Bible, it says when a Christian goes to heaven, then he will be a little lower than the angels. And when people say that God is a "he", that probably means Jesus in His human form on earth.

Gandalf White

Gone Missing
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tinuvien21
In the Bible, it says when a Christian goes to heaven, then he will be a little lower than the angels. And when people say that God is a "he", that probably means Jesus in His human form on earth.
Whooaaa, back that angel thing up with a quote! I think you've got something confused there.

"He" probably comes from the term 'God the Father,' as in father of life, etc. Jesus, of course, was male.

CelebthĂ´l

Loremaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lantarion
*gasp* Celeb! You're blaspheming! :eek:
Should I give you Warning Points, or what..? ;) :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh forgive me mighty and vengeful Lanty! :p

Bethelarien

The Lost Evenstar
Reaction score
Being LDS, I have a very strong viewpoint on the nature of God. We believe that he is a male, and that he has a definite shape--not this non-gender, no form thingy that some Christians believe in.

If you'd like me to go on, by all means, I will. :D

Elessar II

The Clark Kent of ME
Reaction score

He is all these things. He knows every hair on our heads, he created the earth down to the last tiny atom, and as for his mercy, if it wasn't for his mercy he would have destroyed the planet long ago instead of sending his only Son in the form of a man to die on a cross for our sins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread suggestions