🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Golden Axe Inn

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
This Inn is for lighthearted IC discussion. Think of it as a lighthearted RP that changes everyday, and have fun!

Rules:

All posts must be in character (IC)

Give your posts merit (i.e. don't post senseless posts)

Do NOT spam!

Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be a member of the Mithril Knights to visit the Inn.

Most of all, have fun! :D

A door creaks open revealing a dark room. Light footsteps are heard across an old wooden floor which groans slightly under the footfalls, and the sound of a match being struck is heard. Suddenly, a small light fills the room to reveal an elf squatting next to the fireplace feeding the fire with logs. The comfortable blaze grows to quite a large size and fills the room with its dancing light. On one long side of the room is a door directly in the middle of the wall, open just a crack and letting in the cold night air. The elf walks from her duties at the fireplace through many chairs and tables towards the door to shut out the cold -- the inn must be warm. Behind the chairs and tables sits a counter with a bar. The elf smiles thinking about the cheer that will soon fill the room. On the other side of the room and on the opposite side from the blazing fireplace sits another fireplace, this one cold and dark. In front of it is an open floor used for dances and parties. At the back of the dance floor is a flight of stairs leading up into the upper levels of the inn where sleepy guests who are needing a nights rest can make their home. The elf walks over to the second fireplace and lights it. The room must be filled with light and cheer, for soon the guests will come. She frowns slightly thinking of the bouncers, bartenders, and musicians she will need. But, they will come. She walks behind the counter and into the kitchen beyond to begin cooking up the special for the night: chicken potpie with mashed potatoes, corn, and sourdough rolls. She checks the supplies of ale, beer, wine, and other drinks and sees that the stocks are well-supplied. The elf, Elenya, is ready for her guests, and she throws open the curtains of the main room to let the cheery light flow outside into the street to invite the guests in.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
The Elf Maegelen strode into the inviting light ready to have a grand night, and was dissapointed to find only the owner inside. "Well this place will hopefully pick up no fun without lots of them. You also seem to be a bit understaffed perhaps I could help I could do with a few extra gold and am quite a skilled bard I am told."

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Elenya leans over the counter and gives the tall elf a long look. "Welcome, master elf!" She says smiling. "You are very welcome here! Might I request your name?" Elenya walks around the bar to its front so she can shake the elf's hand. "And I am sure we can put your talents to good use... perhaps you could compose a song for the Golden Axe?"

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
"Oh how rude of me indeed my apologies I am called Maegelen though you may shorten it anyway you wish I do not mind." Then he takes her hand and shakes it. "Im sure I'll be able to compose something but lets start with a drink instead shall we? Whatever you reccommend is find I just need to wet my throat. Oh Im being rude again whats your name?"

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Elenya laughs. "My name is Elenya," then she grins, "just plain Elenya. There'll be no need to shorten it, methinks." She pulls out a stool and offers it to Maegelen. "There. Perhaps I will think up a nickname in the future... you never know!" A mischeivious look comes into her eye. "But for now, what would you like to drink?"

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen laughed. "Well Im sure you will come up with something interesting to say the least but make no mistake I will hound you until you think of one. Anyway I would have but simple tea if that is ok." While she got the tea he hummed softly examining his surrondings.

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Ashari the Hobbit steps into the cheery new inn and sees two Elves chatting at the counter. The warmth of the fires washes over her and she throws back her hood, revealing curly brown hair and green, bright eyes. "It's good to be back," she says to herself.

The Hobbit walks up to the counter and stands on her toes to try and see over it. "Hello," she says to the Elf behind the counter, "my name is Ashari. Would you be the owner of this lovely establishment?"

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Nenya looks up from the hot cocoa she is sipping. "Yes, I am the owner. My name is Elenya. Welcome to the Golden Axe!" She smiles a warm, friendly smile. "Is there anything I can do for you? Perhaps you would be interested in a job?"

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
"Well," said the hobbit, "I don't think I would make a good bartender as I can hardly see over the counter. But I can play a bit on the harmonica. I'm afraid that's the only service I can offer you."

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
"See Elenya we will have this place a festive hall of music in no time at all!" Maegelen laughed and drank his tea. "And I hardly think another bartender is needed at the moment anyway."

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
"I think you're right, Maeg," Elenya says with a grin, noting the nickname, "but, Ashari, you are more than welcome to be the first person to make music in this inn! I will be honored to have you play for the guests. You are always welcome to free drinks whenever you wish."

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
"Thank you, Elenya!" says Ashari. "A lively tune will attract more customers, don't you think?" The hobbit pulled a small harmonica out of her cloak-pocket and began to play. The tune was indeed a lively one, and it got faster and faster with every verse.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
"Maeg eh?" He mused over this for a moment. "Very well I suppose that it works I've been called many things more than one of them not exactly nice, and this one has been used many times before and all of them good memories I may add so Maeg it shall be!"

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Elenya can barely stop her feet from dancing a little dance upon the creaking floor. Ashari's music puts dance into her very soul. "Maeg," she says, "I'm glad you like it! I think it'll stick... who knows? Maybe even the customers will begin to call you that!" She turns to Ashari and says, "Ashari, I am very glad you chanced this way! Your music is wonderful!" The hobbit smiles.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
"Oh Im sure they will I try and be friendly with everyone so they all should. Mmm yes very good song indeed might I accompany you?" Maeg takes out his lute and picks it lightly until he finds the rhythem and starts playing a different medley that goes in perfect harmony with Ashari's harmonica.

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
The door slammed open and a man walked in. A great sword was at his side and a cloak covered his entire body. He removed his hood and smiled gently at the others in the bar. He sat near the counter.
"May I just have a tea? Any will do, as long as it's warm, it's gotten a bit cold outside, as well as myself."
He looked around the bar, inspecting to new place to himself. He just smiled and wait quietly.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Elenya jumps up from the stool she is sitting in and walks behind the bar. "Welcome, good Sir!" She says kindly, "I will get you a nice warm tea up right away!" She disappears into the kitchen for a moment and presently returns with a steaming cup of apple cinnamon tea. "I hope this will do. Do you take sugar or honey? I've brought you both."

Last edited:

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
The man smiled at the elf "Thank you very much." He took both, for the two of them tasted wonderful "My name is Éomond. And what would yours be?"

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
"I am Elenya," Elenya says holding out her hand to her newest guest. "You are very welcome here! This is Maeg, my helper and bard..." Nenya points to Maegelen, "and this is Ashari, the music maker." Nenya nods off in Ashari's direction from whence beautiful music is coming.

Thread suggestions