🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Gollum fans...Ugh

Taran

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but i think it tales a reeely twisted person to be a gollum fan (no offence) what do y'all think?

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Take cover Taran, the answers will be coming in soon enough.:D

Welcome to the forum anyway.
I'm sure you understand that it was Gollum who eventually saved ME and that this creatured had suffered immensely just because he happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess it takes a Ringbearer to feel truly pityfull.:)

(oh and watch the spelling, it took me two reads to get the point of your post. I'm no native in English, so it's hard enough allready)

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Reeely twisted person? Well, I'm sooo sorry! I'll be sure to stay out of your way! Don't want to offend this super nooormal person who is toootally craaazy since he doesn't like Gollum! What's your problem with the Gollum fans? What have we done to you? Argh! Ummm...I mean, I don't think so. Thanks DGoeij! Hey! Everybody! This guy doesn't speak English! He speaks Dutch! The greatest language on Earth! Lord of the Rings is translated to He Who Is Under The Spell Of The Ring! Isn't that sooo cool? The book is named after Gollum! Yay Dutch! :D

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Originally posted by YayGollum
Lord of the Rings is translated to He Who Is Under The Spell Of The Ring! Isn't that sooo cool? The book is named after Gollum! Yay Dutch! :D
Close, but Under The Spell Of The Ring would be closer. But then it would be less close to Gollum. And I speak enough english to see the sarcasm in your post too. :D

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
JOIN THE RABID BATS!! We have free playstation 2's and a an x-box if you join. Come now to the Anti-Gollum club!!

Gary Gamgee

Mr Muckle
Reaction score
hahaha...:D

v.brave Taran and welcome. Gollum is a brilliant creation and one of my favourite characters. So looking forward to see him in TTT after that trailer 'and we wantss it'. But he does stink.:D

Taran

Reaction score
hey, sorry! i really didnt want to offend anyone! I know - gollum lived a very sad life and all - but that doesn't mean he's not evil. the ring made him what he is - but it was his own fault for murdering his cousin or whatever to get it. yes, i pity gollum, but he's still so pathetic and he betrayed sam and frodo to shelob, remember? i look forward to seeing him in TTT too! i'm sorry i came across the wrong way! forgive me, all of you. thanx

fantasydude

Reaction score
i tell ya i cant wait for the TT where we all get to see gollum in action. gollum rules! hes my favorite, yes he made a few mistakes, but really without him sauron would have defeated ME. gollum has some endearing qualities like his speech impediment, and those big beautiful eyes! yay gollum the real hero of ME!

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Golum is both a tragic and evil character, but neither feature makes him bad. He's a very interesting and conflicted character, which makes the book very intriguing to read. Although he is evil, I don't think a truly evil person could have destroyed the Ring; even by accident. Unless Tolkien wanted to be sarcastic. :D

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Yay, one more yay and I'm going to scream. You're developing the same kind of talk as your hero, only you use 'Yay' instead of 'gollum'.:D ;) :p

Taran

Reaction score
so would that make you Prince of the One-liners?
Y'all, plaese don't get me wrong - Gollum is one of (if not the most) fascinating characters! His inner conflict about the Ring was just so fascinating. And I felt so sorry for him throughout. Some of Tolkien's best diolouges were involving Gollum (some were entirely carried on by Gollum alone) Hope y'all post. Cheerio!

Taran

Reaction score
ok, ok, i give up! y'all win!!! i'm officially a semi-gollum-fan! yay precioussss. (that 'yay' is for yaygollum) oh, hes not my favorite - i'm not really a 'fan' per-say. but, he is (and always was) and intriguing character. i didn't say i hated Gollum or whatever, just so y'all understand!

Thread suggestions