🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Gondolin and the battle of Unnumbered Tears

Mighty Sam

Reaction score
I haven't read the sil yet but plan on it soon so could ne1 give me details about the battle of Unnumbered Tears and Gondolin?? i would appreciate it thanks as always

p.s. this site is great always like coming here and learning more about tolkien's works

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I could never give that away...I wouldn't want to ruin the suspence of it all. Read the book...it will be well worth the wait.

PS...after you read the Simariliion...read the Unfinished Tales...There is a really cool chapter on Tuor's coming to Gondolin, that gives alot of cool background info on Gondolin that you don't see in any other of Tolkein's works and forshadows the battle of Unnumbered Tears. I promise that it will be well worth the read.

Enjoy!:)

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Yes, both are great books. The only problem is that they only whet your appetite for more of Tolkien and soon there isnt anymore....:( (A sad point which most Tolkien fans come to)

Thread suggestions