🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Government Council FAQ

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
A Gov't council RP is an rp in which those involved with the forum politics. In one, those involved act sorta like the US congress, I suppose. It isn't for just anyone to join in though. Those who have business. Like, land owners on that specific side. As in the Senate of Atannorre, those with land in Arnor/Ciryaher or Gondor/Valar I think post there of gov't concerned matters. Maybe a certain characters return from a long journey or trade progressions or land reformation plannes. In time of war, we discouse the matter at hand and try to come to reasonable solutions. That type of thing. I believe permise of someone involved, mainly the head person, must be requested and granted before posting.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
okay-so these are the war rps? They all seem to have wars in them :) . Looks like fun but sounds like too much work for me. Ill stick to my lighthearted RPs. YAY for minis!

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
The Government Councils are for the In-Character Forum, which consists of members who rule and reside in the lands of Middle Earth. If you read through long enough, you'll get it.

And no, these aren't the War RP's. Those are in Serious RP's

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
These are *serious* RPs. No, you cannot just say you live in one of the countries and join; we have a structured government in place.
At the moment, I believe most, if not all, the lands are claimed and have representatives currently in the Senate.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Arnor/Rohan: Ciryaher (moi)
Mornclaur: Dengen Goroth
Gondor: Elbereth
Zirak Khazad: Telchar (this is the Blue and Misty Mtns dwarven kingdoms)
Anduin Vale: YayGollum

I'm not sure what other leaders there are. Post here if you're one :)

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciryaher
Arnor/Rohan: Ciryaher (moi)
Mornclaur: Dengen Goroth
Gondor: Elbereth
Zirak Khazad: Telchar (this is the Blue and Misty Mtns dwarven kingdoms)
Anduin Vale: YayGollum

I'm not sure what other leaders there are. Post here if you're one :)
How would you know though? Could some one just post here and say: "I'm King of Gondor(example)" Who decides?

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
Cir decides. I posted the exact same question earlier:

so...what? You just say like you live in so and so and you can play in one of these?
And the response I got was:

These are *serious* RPs. No, you cannot just say you live in one of the countries and join; we have a structured government in place.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Anamatar IV
Cir decides. I posted the exact same question earlier:
I do not believe that Cir is the only decision maker on who is appointed a leadership role in Middle earth. It is my understanding that it is discussed by several members of the council who then decide who is the best person for the job. However, I believe that Cir is the only member of the council who can veto an appointment if he does not see that person is best suited for the job...(please correct me if I'm wrong.)

However, if you desire a postion in a land...I suggest that you PM the leaders of that land, do not post your request to join in the threads. Even though most positions are filled...you never know when one could open up.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
It is my understanding that it is discussed by several members of the council who then decide who is the best person for the job. However, I believe that Cir is the only member of the council who can veto an appointment if he does not see that person is best suited for the job...
Council?

Also, I think that a problem we have is that people are only interested in being leaders. I have many times stated that people can simply reside in a part of middle-earth and carry on with an in-character life. It'd be very interesting, in my opinion.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
yes, it would be. As a matter of fact, I plan on something quite similar, once I am through with the over-zealous Elessar.

And, as for lands. They were very easy to claim once, but only the ones that no-one else had claimed. Now, though, all of the lands are claimed, and the only new kings we receive are through the deaths or resignations of old ones.

And, there are always room for knights, provincial leaders, Generals, and that sort of thing, if you still desire a place in Government.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
I gots me a question for you crazy people. Why do we even have this section if nothing ever happens in here? Sure, things used to happen in here, but why not anymore? Is there still entertainment to be found here? *looks around* I must have missed it.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get to this. It never showed up as having a new post.

Yes, the Government Council section is a bit slow of late, mainly due to the fact that the War is being debated in the Serious RP section (I may move that debate into here). When it is decided and some new things are implemented, you can rest assured that the Gov't Council section will be more active in the near future.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Got it. Sounds good to me. You might have already answered me in that other thread about this, but why wasn't there very much going on in here while the war was? I don't know if those other sections you were talking about were the main places that the was talked about, but I would think that a little more would have been going on in here. It looks like war RPGs are the only things that keep this section going.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
We (the other participants in FIC and I) are going to try to implement some new ideas. More role-playing in peace time is a chief goal, as well as making sure that all arguments in the future are strictly in character. After all, friends make for the best company :)

Thread suggestions