🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guild of Artists...Join Me!

Adeilya

Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome! *Bows* I am Adeilya, leader of this guild, appointed so by Elessar leader of the Arch-Guild of Artisians. :D Come in and take a load off! *ushers you into a room filled with colorful decorations, a stage, tables, a small bar with drinks, and big, fluffy multi-colored pillows that adorn the ground* Allow me to tell you a bit about this guild:

We are artists. Artist does not limit you to just artwork. Of course, submitting artwork is a very good thing! You see these walls? They're bare. I want all your artwork filling them. :) It can be anything from abstract to realistic to 2D to 3D to design work (clothes, rooms, etc.) to impressionistic to surrealistic to sculpture to watercolor to pastel...I think you get my drift. There's the attach file button or if you have a website just bursting with artwork you can just put the link up. Also I want this to be a place of enjoyment for people who just enjoy being around fellow artists. We have a stage that you can perform anything you want- poetry, stories, monologues, songs, dances, and the like. If anything, let this just be a place where you can express your creativity and have discussions on artwork, theatre reviews, books, music, and anything like that.

So I suppose you're wondering about positions that are open to be filled. There are only three. Okay here goes:
1. House Manager- First I would like someone just to manage this room where we meet. I give that person permission to decorate, re-arrange, coordinate, hand out flyers about different events, etc. etc.
2. Stage Manager- This person would just coordinate things for performances...if someone wants to have a performance where people come and watch, make sure you get it OKed through me, then set dates, and get everything together that you want. (Ex. Say you want a poetry night, you set that up.)
3. Creative Rights Manager- This would probably the least clear cut out of all. There are bound to be some arguements on artwork or poetry or something that's gonna come up. This person would help settle them. I would appreciate a pretty open minded person for this.
***Note: All managers would have to clear things through me first.***

Also for all you people who decide NOT to join (and what are you smoking anyway?) just know that if you want to throw a party or have a special event we have decorators for hire here. :)

So that's it! Join! You know you want to. I know there are some artists hiding in this forum...come! Come and be merry! ;)

P.S.-Middle Earth discussions/artwork/performances/whatever is very much so encouraged. But unless I'm ordered otherwise, this place is to express anything you wish.

Reoko

Reaction score
Hello
I am reoko and i am an artisan i'll hang and help but i've never been the type of dark farie for comitment *smiles* us dark faries never are but i love art. SSSSSSSSOOOOO i guess if you don't mind a pain in the a$$... I would love to hang out here and paint or whatever i'm fairly fexable...:p and it seems pretty fun ;) ;) :D

Adeilya

Reaction score
Yay! First person! Welcome Reoko. :D Sure, just sit down, drink something, be creative.

elenya

the crazy one
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to join and my room's stuffed with my paintings but I have no scanner or site so I can't put them up for you guys.:(

Elfarmari

Tingilindë
Reaction score
I like art, but I'm not incredibly good at it. I prefer music (i.e. piano or drums). Any use for that? I'm a member of the Musician's guild, but as that guild currently does not do anything, could I help here?

Adeilya

Reaction score
Elenya- ...find some way to get them on here! We love art. Hehe :) But of course, come in come in and sit down.

Shadowfax- Photos are most certainly welcome.

Elfarmari- Musician, painter, photographer, it makes no difference to me, you are always welcome here. You can post anything you want (if there's some way to get links to sound files that would be probably best if you want your music heard) Or you could always just hang around here and provide us with music and talk of music. :) What kind of drums do you play? I play drums too- all kinds. (trap, conga, african...and also just lots of weird percussion instruments.)

Elfarmari

Tingilindë
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'll just stick to talking about music; I don't have a way to record it. I mainly just play quads or snae dum in marching band or drum set for pep band (during basketball games) or jazz band.

Adeilya

Reaction score
Okay, first scan it and put it in a file. (remember the file you put it in.) Next come here. And do the whole, "Reply to Post" thing. Once you're in the reply to post area and you can type and stuff, near the bottom is a spot that says "attachments". Next to the word attachments there is a blank white box and then a button that says "browse". Hit "browse". You are browsing your computer files. go to the file that has the picture, double click the picture so the name goes into that little white box. Then I think all you have to do is submit your reply. :)

P.S. This goes for all of you- make sure your pictures are in a format that can be displayed. (i.e. gif, jpg, zip, bmp, or jpeg)

Adeilya

Reaction score
Haha...well get it up here fast! I want to see your *gorgeous* artwork. (I'll put something of mine up the minute my art teacher gives it back to me.)

syongstar

Elf Musician
Reaction score
merry greetings

I wish to join you.Any visual artist that does not have a scanner or pixel camera,I got a 35mm camera at walmart for 9.95 then send the film to Clark color labs that put them on the internet for .99 if your computor does'nt change pictures to pixels just send it via e-mail to a freind or get your self a free e-mail account somewhere and when you send it to youself it changes to pixels.If your wondering where the closest Clark Color lab is to you e-mail me here but tell me whats on you mind too because I don't work for clark color labs I'm doing this to be your friend.I just posted the latest poem I wrote at the prancing pony's poetry section.Brightest blessings!

Adeilya

Reaction score
syongstar- Thank you very much. :)

Shadowfax- Our first pieces of artwork posted! They are MARVELOUS darling!

Thread suggestions