🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guild Of Baseball: Who Will Win It All?

Who Will Win The World Series?

• The Atlanta Braves

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The San Francisco Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The New York Yankees

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Boston Red Sox

• The Oakland Athletics

• The Seattle Mariners

• The Florida Marlins

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The Philadelphia Phillies

• The Chicago Cubs (Happy Eliot? They made the poll ;))

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Someone else

• Total voters

FoolOfATook

I'm Still Alive...
Reaction score
Considering how long I've watched baseball, I'm notoriously bad at picking World Series winners in September. If nothing else, consider this poll an experiment to see if I'm the only one who has this particular blind spot in their psychic abilities. ;)

Oh, and the poll is who you think will win the Series, not who you want to win the Series. Hopefully, Smoltz's return will ensure that, for me, the answer to both questions are the same. ;)

Oh, and the other teams could theoretically include:
The Chicago White Sox
The Minnesota Twins
The Kansas City Royals (At this point, they still are technically in the race)
The Saint Louis Cardinals (Ditto)
The Houston Astros
The Los Angeles Dodgers
The Montreal Expos
The Arizona Diamondbacks (The last three are unlikely, but still are statistically in the hunt for the wildcard. Now that I've said that, watch L.A.'s bats come alive and cary them to the playoffs. Because the Baseball Gods LOVE to make me look stupid ;))

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
I'm goin with the Marlins on this one. They virtually have the exact same stats as they did when they won the wildcard back a couple years... They also won the wildcard then, and they also won the World Series. I got my money on Florida

Khôr’nagan

Ar-Zigûrlôkhî
Reaction score
Though I'm not a big baseball fan, and don't know all those statistics, I think that the Ney York Yankees have a good chance (according to my limited knowledge) for the Series. Funny thing, I live right outside of Boston, so technically I'm supposed to like the Red Sox... Therefore, I just hope there aren't any other Arlington High School (in Massachusetts) students on this board, or they'd have my head. Their "motto" is "Yank-ees Su-uck! *Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap* Yank-ees Su-uck! *Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap*"

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Reaction score
Originally posted by BlackCaptain
I'm goin with the Marlins on this one. They virtually have the exact same stats as they did when they won the wildcard back a couple years... They also won the wildcard then, and they also won the World Series. I got my money on Florida
Hmm........looks like BlackCaptain may be right.... :)

Thread suggestions