The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guild of Mithril Knights Rp!

Serious or Lighthearted rp?

• Serious

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Lighthearted

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Ok, here we can discuss:

-wheather we want a Lighthearted or Serious rpg.
-A plot
-Anything else (question about rps, etc.)

Please vote to! And I've have a few ideas on a story for it also, but feel free to add in. Let's be original also, not just us hunting orcs please:)!

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Ok, well, this is a little tuff to explian but, I'll do my best:

Serious - If you choose a Serious rpg, then it has be really close to Tolkiens work(I think) like if you go to Edoras to Helm's Deep, you have to make it take a while, such as in the books. Um, hard to explian agian, but it's kinda like you're in Tolkien books
Lighthearted - If you just go and read some lighthearted (this is easier to explain) you can make up some new land, different species, ect. You should also read the Rpg rules in the Lighthearted section or Serious

Oh dear lord some one help me with this:( I do some more reaserch, also, read some Serious Rps and Lighthearted, you'll see the difference:)

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
serious rps are *serious* and lighthearted rps are *not*.

Look at some of the examples in each. Serious rps are usually much better and have longer rp posts lighthearted are usually journeys of several members.;)

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Reaction score
I would like a serious RP a lot better then a lighthearted.

I know that Nenya just made a treaty with Gondor, but are we in alliance with the Rohirrim? Who are all our allies anyway?

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Well, I know that we're in alliance with Gondor, but with Rohan, I'm not sure, I don't think so right now, but I know we will be:)

Well, for a plot, I was think maybe we could do something like fighting Easterlings or something, but I want to do some thing with them

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Reaction score
Yeah, a battle with some Easterlings would be good. Oh, and if we were in alliance with Rohan, we could do a battle with some Dunlendings. That would be good.

What about the men of the Long-Lake and the Elves of the Greenwood? How are relations with them?

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
In the forum in-character as far as I know you are allies with Gondor. You used to be of Rohan. But you are allies of Gondor and I *think* Gondor is of Rohan...so you are very indirect allies...kind of;)

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Rohan is not of Gondor and Gondor is not of Rohan:) If that's what you meant:D But right now I *think we are in alliance with Gondor, and I think that's our only alliance, although we could/do fight along side Elves and Dwares we are not in officail alliance with them.

fight the Wild-men of Dunland would be nice also, but we just need to tie in a plot, like they, or Easterling are invading a certain country city by city and we could be protecting them? That's still on the drawing board of course.

Eol

Reaction score
I feel like a loser 'cuz I didn't participate in this guild more after the rp finished...So I think that all of your ideas sound great, how about if the Easterlings ally with the Dunlendings, then they could do like Eomond said, invade a country not sure which one, how about something closer to Rohan. Minhiriath, maybe? Possibly better to invade the Gap Of Rohan though, and Edoras. That would make it much more interesting. Anywho, those are just some ideas I had.

EDIT: What is this "War" you guy keep talking about? I saw it in another Mithril Knights thread to......

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Yeay Celebrien's back! More people in the rp:D! This "War" that we keep on talking about it is the "Forum War" we're not really in it but anywho, kinda old news:)

***Ok! I'll be posting the plot here tomorrow! I'll Setup a "Rp Profile thingy" here in the Guild and and e-mail Ciryaher to get promission while doing that and when we get a few more people to join we'll start:) Ok?***

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna wait for awhile actually, the rp needs to be straitiened out

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
:D Now that I'm back in the guild I, of course, have to be my normal contrary self. I think we should do another lighthearted RP simply because our last lighthearted RP was just that -- lighthearted. It was nowhere near the serious level. So, I think we need to stick to lighthearted RP's until we've mastered them. :)

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Hummm, interesting, you may be right. Well, I making a new member list thingy, so yeah, and I'll try to get it Stickyed if I can so there's no confusion:) And the other taken off or un-Stickyed:)

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
My favorite rpgs are ones that are on the border of serious and lighthearted. You know, they have good, realistic posts but there is room for flexibility. Where such an rpg would belong I'm not sure about. Most of the lighthearted rps right now are little more than spam. Our last rp rocked, but then again, so does this guild. :):D

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
I think that's what we are looking at, HobbitGirl. That is a true lighthearted RP, what you mentioned, -- an RP with good posts but room for flexibility. Such an RP, I believe, should belong in lighthearted.