🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guild of Tolkienology - Apply here!!

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
What the...

What THE HECK is going on with this forum?!?!?!!?!??! :mad: WHY are the guilds being closed down? I'm sorry I'm out happenings, I;ve been in the hospital for quite a while... actually, I've been away only for like a month or so, and now when I came back, I see that everything is falling apart...
Could somebody please fill me in? :confused:

I really don't understand why the guilds are being closed down... They were the best part of this forum!!!! If the members of this forum want to have guilds, why take that away from them?! That doesn't seem democratic... :( And I SO wanted to be in this Guild... :(

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
this one stays, so if you're still interested... ;)

nice to see you again... safe and sound?

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
YES! YES! YES! I want to be in this Guild!!! The problem is that I was still in my testing period when I got stuck in the "hostiple"... so, can I have a new testing period or something....? I don't mind doing it all over again... :p

My other question is: How are we supposed to have Guild-debates if most of the Guilds are being closed down?! I mean, how serious is it, all this shutting down guilds?!

Oh, I forgot to say this first: I'm so happy to see you guys, again!!! :p :) :D

Manveru

Reaction score
Melian Le Fay said:
P.S. Manveru, I just calculated your age!!! ;)
and... :rolleyes:

getting back to the "serious mode" ;)
i (personally) don't think we need sth like that "testing period"... now, the Guild's going to look a little different (sorry, but i think guild vs. guild debates will disappear--anybody seen them lately?:p), managing different matters and such... there's no certain thing about membership yet (free to roam :confused: ) like you'll see (if you go there) in the Future of GoT thread, there's some little unrest here, tho the halls are almost completely deserted... check this thread, read and decide if you still wanna "hang around". opinions are most welcome (wraith will be pleased:))

so, as you can see... it's kinda serious... this "spring cleaning" (some of the guilds are never to return:()

have fun

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Melian! (don't turn Man...;)...not that Maia...;)) You're most welcome!
As a former...(I suppose former now)...Deputy of Testings and New members (was the name so?) I think I can freely say that you won't have problems with joining (and accepting...from us, that is..;)) since you're active. That doesn't include some unpredictable real-life issues...such us yours, for instance.

So.....what I want to say actually is Welcome! :) :p

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Melian Le Fay said:
What THE HECK is going on with this forum?!?!?!!?!??! :mad: WHY are the guilds being closed down? I'm sorry I'm out happenings, I;ve been in the hospital for quite a while... actually, I've been away only for like a month or so, and now when I came back, I see that everything is falling apart...
Could somebody please fill me in? :confused:

I really don't understand why the guilds are being closed down... They were the best part of this forum!!!! If the members of this forum want to have guilds, why take that away from them?! That doesn't seem democratic... :( And I SO wanted to be in this Guild... :(
I guess that is an expected result.The movies are done,no more LOTR in the cinemas,no MORE PJ,which means that the madness about Tolkien and TTF will not be that big.Only the real fans will stay here,while a large amount of the "not-so-mad-about-Tolkien" will be gone with the time.

aeglos

Reaction score
can i join this guild? i have just become a member of the tolkien forum and am drawn into this group of tolkien intellectuals. as a background of myself, i have slowly become a tolkien fanatic. in the past several years, i have read every book tolkien has created, including all his posthumous notes gathered by christopher tolkien. i am an avid LOTR games workshop gamer and i have turned my room into a tolkien shrine. i am hoping i will be accepted into this guild.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
My dear aeglos,
It is so nice of you to wish to join the Guild!

And though these halls are haunted, I am so glad to see you around that the only thing to say is

WELCOME!!! :)

The Guild of Tolkienology used to be one of the most active of the number (quite a large number in the recent past) of guilds at TTF.
Thinking about it all, and trying to explain to you the today's situation in here, I think you'll best understand it if you imagine yourself having found a secret passgae to the Hidden City (let's pretend it had never been ruined! ;) ) and now wandering its streets and entering freely into its white marvelous palaces .... you see the lore, but the people that once dwelled here, the people that once used to gather around and pile this lore .... They're all gone. :( ... and only a wretched wraith still lingers about ...

I am so much glad to meet a true and deep Tolkien fan here!
Maybe if you don't get scared of this deserted place, you and me will have some nice little talks. ;) :)

Meanwhile, please feel free to walk around this realm and ... have fun!

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
.............and a High-King is walking alone in his Kingdom.

I am glad to see you here aeglos ;) I hope that you will participate in the activities because we need some new people around,to light the fire in the Guild again.

But first take a look and most of all enjoy your stay here :)

Scatha

The dragon of wrath
Reaction score
Welcome Aeglos :)

*pokes Lhun and GG* Watch out, the dragon is on the loose again. *grins*
Missed me guys?

Manveru

Reaction score
it's getting tightly here up up in the sky... "move a little, master dragon, will you?" :p *stretching his arms and wings* mm, good to be home again...

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Hahaha...(a "wraithish" laugh echoes )

You just might, Elven King, but if only you can tame one! :p

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
You are most welcome reem!!!

Take a look around and have a nice time here.There are many serious activities as well as some light-hearted ones.There is something for everyone here.

If you have any question just ask :)

Thread suggestions