What's new
The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guilid of Pagans and Wiccans

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
hi!
Is there any witches or pagans or wiccans here?
i thought i start this because there arnt any about this, just christians and shristians
And if you arnt and you are interested you can join!

(BTW if i offend anyone, i am sorry)

Celebthôl

Loremaster
Reaction score
Hewwo, ill join, im not either Pagan or Wiccan, but ill join coz you asked me to :)...so ill just...be here ;)

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
hello there! i'm not pagan or wiccan or anything, but it'll be very interesting to learn more about it:)
anyway, i think i'll post some questions about the Wiccan Rede now, wait a sec...
1-what is the Circle that has to be cast three times?
2-what's 'Deosil'?? it's line 6 in the Rede.
3-what are 'Widdershins'??
4-can you tell me more about the Lady??
that's all for now folks:) there's be more on the way:p
reem

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
3-what are 'Widdershins'??
Definition: Counter-clockwise. Used to describe movement around a circle during ritual.

what's 'Deosil'??
Definition: Clockwise. Used to describe movement around a circle during ritual.

what is the Circle that has to be cast three times
well, i am not sure about that! might be something to do with the triple Goddess! :confused:

can you tell me more about the Lady
what would you like to know! The Lady is the Goddess, depending on which Gods/Goddesses you ask hor help when you do spells etc! there is Egyptian, Celtic, Asian...etc

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
I am neither pagan nor wiccan, but, the world of pagan I find very interesting. Quite a few of the bands I listen to are pagans, and produce some great music, and paganism is definately more interesting than Christianity :D So, while I'm not a pagan myself, it interests me. But wicca? Nah, in the words of King Arthur in The Holy Grail, it's silly.

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
this is confusing!
So, while I'm not a pagan myself, it interests me. But wicca?
here:
Despite what you may have heard, the terms "Pagan" and "Wiccan" cannot be differentiated. I've heard people say, "I used to be Wiccan, but now, I'm Pagan." and vice versa. It's sad that people easily get these terms confused, and refuse to let go of such titles by which they identify themselves. The article I wrote, "What is Witchcraft" explains the origin of the word wicca. The article, "What is a Pagan" will explain further the ideas of paganism. With all that I've spoken on the subject, what more do I have to say? Wicca is an organized religion, where Paganism is not a religion at all. Every Wiccan is pagan, but not very Pagan is wiccan.

Last edited:

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
hmm. correct me if i'm wrong but aren't all the religions (other than christianity, juedism and islam) are considered pagan religions?
reem

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
Hinduism is totally different to wicca!

hmm. correct me if i'm wrong but aren't all the religions (other than christianity, juedism and islam) are considered pagan religions?
i dont think so! wiccan and paganisn (IMO) seems like a one of a kind of thing! Satanism is totally different! (in a way) I dont believe in Satan!

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
ofcourse hinduism is different than wicca, but they still, i think, come under the heading of paganism. i've always understood paganism as anything that's not concerned with the woship of the One God (you can see that i concider christianity to be so also.).
reem

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Every Wiccan is pagan, but not very Pagan is wiccan
To me, wiccan is making spells and stuff - all those people you see now doing that kind of thing - and I've yet to see it work. Paganism, and this is to me again, is more violent, you're looking at multiple gods of war, death and so on. Wicca (and this is how it's been conveyed to me) is the magic without the violence.

I don't believe in magic, though.

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
paganism is just a wide heading for other religions other than the three i mentioned before. it doesn't matter what they beleieve as long as it doesn't include the believe in one diety or so, i think (though christianity is not included as a pagan religion).
maybe Spirit should post the Wiccan Rede here so you can have a better idea of what Wicca is.
reem

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
here is the Wiccan Rede

Bide ye Wiccan laws ye must,
in perfect love and perfect trust
Live ye must and let to live,
fairly take and fairly give
Form the circle thrice about,
to keep unwelcome spirits out
To bind the spell well every time,
let the spell be spake in rhyme
Soft of eye and light of touch,
speak ye little, listen much
Deosil go by the waxing moon,
sing and dance the Wiccan rune
Widdershins go by the waning moon,
chanting out the baleful tune
When the Lady's moon is new,
kiss the hand to her times two
When the moon rides at Her peak,
then the heart's desire seek
Heed the north wind's mighty gale,
lock the door and trim the sail
When the wind comes from the south,
love will kiss kiss thee on the mouth
When the wind blows from the west,
departed souls will have no rest
When the wind blows from the east,
expect the new and set the feast
Nine woods in the cauldron go,
burn them quick and burn them slow
Elder be the Lady's tree,
burn it not or cursed you'll be
When the wheel begins to turn,
soon the Beltain fires will burn
When the wheel has turned to Yule,
light the log the Horned One rules
Heed ye flower, bush and tree,
by the Lady blessed be
Where the rippling waters flow,
cast a stone and the truth you'll know
When you have and hold a need,
hearken not to others' greed
With a fool no season spend,
nor be counted as his friend
Merry meet and merry part,
bright the cheeks and warm the heart
Mind the threefold law ye should,
three times bad and three times good
When misfortune is anow,
wear the star upon thy brow
True in love you must ever be,
lest thy love be false to thee
These eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,
An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will

that is the origional version

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
I'll join this guild. I believe in the Great Spirit as the Creator of Heaven and Earth. I do not believe there is such a place as Hell or that there is a being known as Satan. I only believe in the Great Spirit and myself. So Wiccans, Witches, you are not sinning against the Creator! My people, the Cherokee, so many centuries ago, practiced witchcraft to serve their community. So we are not sinning. The Great Spirit did not say...."Thou Shalt Not Practice Witchcraft". :) The Holy Bible says that, but the Holy Bible is just a book that the needy go to for guidance.

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
By the way,
Did you know that the very word Heaven means "Sky" ? So if there is a Heaven....then the Christians go to the sky. Just food for thought. I believe when I die, I will be reuinted with my family on a new Earth where there is only the Indians, animals, and the Great Spirit watching over us. I do not believe in a "Place in the sky". To me, that idea sounds strange. Again, this was just food for thought. Sorry for double-posting....

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jesse
By the way,
Did you know that the very word Heaven means "Sky" ? So if there is a Heaven....then the Christians go to the sky. Just food for thought.
i have always attributed that to the lack of richness in the Englsih language.
reem

Thread suggestions