🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guilid of Pagans and Wiccans

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Originally posted by reem
i have always attributed that to the lack of richness in the Englsih language.
What? The English language is the richest there is!

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
Can I join? I'm into Paganism
Grandmother in law was a 'white witch' - she was a healer:)

What are we doing for tomorrow - The Summer Solstice?

As the sun spirals its longest dance,
Cleanse us
As nature shows bounty and fertility
Bless us
Let all things live with loving intent
And to fulfill their truest destiny

Taken from a Wiccan blessing for Summer

Any Idea, anyone?

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
Solstice, Midsummer or Litha means a stopping or standing still of the sun. It is the longest day of the year and the time when the sun is at its maximum elevation.

This date has had spiritual significance for thousands of years as humans have been amazed by the great power of the sun. The Celts celebrated with bonfires that would add to the sun’s energy, Christians placed the feast of St John the Baptist towards the end of June and it is also the festival of Li, the Chinese Goddess of light.

Like other religious groups, Pagans are in awe of the incredible strength of the sun and the divine powers that create life. For Pagans this spoke in the Wheel of the Year is a significant point. The Goddess took over the earth from the horned God at the beginning of spring and she is now at the height of her power and fertility. For some Pagans the Summer Solstice marks the marriage of the God and Goddess and see their union as the force that creates the harvest’s fruits.

This is a time to celebrate growth and life but for Pagans, who see balance in the world and are deeply aware of the ongoing shifting of the seasons it is also time to acknowledge that the sun will now begin to decline once more towards winter.

When celebrating midsummer Pagans draw on diverse traditions. In England thousands of Pagans and non-Pagans go to places of ancient religious sites such as Stonehenge and Avebury to see the sun rising on the first morning of summer. Many more Pagans hold small ceremonies in open spaces, everywhere from gardens to woodlands.

BBC

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigSmith
What? The English language is the richest there is!
err...no it's not:p
as much as i adore the English language, i must admit in allhonesty that it is indeed not hat rich when you compare it to other languages...like Arabic, for example...or even Herew or Japanese!! in Arabic there is about a hundred words for 'cloud' according to it's shape, colour, thickness, season and i don't know what else!! the Arabic dictionary is MUCH bigger than the English one and its grammar is ALOT more complicated!
...actually, that's why i preffer English sometimes, i find it much more simpler and easier to comprehend:)
reem

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
Bright Blessings for a Happy Litha

Spirit, vis-a-vis your first post: you need never apologize for the Goddess or your beliefs.

I am an eclectic Witch. My path includes Hinduism, Zen Buddhism, and Gnostic Christianity as well.

Through this house each fairy stray.
To the best bride-bed will we,
Which by us shall blessed be;
And the issue there create
Ever shall be fortunate.
Oberon, MIDSUMMER NIGHT?S DREAM, V, i

Radiant Midsummer Night's Dreams to all.

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
I think Spanish is the richest language and culture on Earth right now. Soon, Spanish will be the official language. It has been proven.....

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
The Charge of the Goddess

Traditional by Doreen Valiente,
as adapted by Starhawk

Listen to the words of the Great Mother, Who of old was called Artemis, Astarte, Dione, Melusine, Aphrodite, Cerridwen, Diana, Arionrhod, Brigid, and by many other names:

Whenever you have need of anything, once a month, and better it be when the moon is full, you shall assemble in some secret place and adore the spirit of Me Who is Queen of all the Wise.

You shall be free from slavery, and as a sign that you be free you shall be naked in your rites.

Sing, feast, dance, make music and love, all in My Presence, for Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit and Mine also is joy on earth.

For My law is love is unto all beings. Mine is the secret that opens the door of youth, and Mine is the cup of wine of life that is the cauldron of Cerridwen, that is the holy grail of immortality.

I give the knowledge of the spirit eternal, and beyond death I give peace and freedom and reunion with those that have gone before.

Nor do I demand aught of sacrifice, for behold, I am the Mother of all things and My love is poured out upon the earth.

Hear the words of the Star Goddess, the dust of Whose feet are the hosts of Heaven, whose body encircles the universe:

I Who am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the stars and the mysteries of the waters,

I call upon your soul to arise and come unto me.

For I am the soul of nature that gives life to the universe.

From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return.

Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices, for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.

And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am That which is attained at the end of desire.

Any Witches care to talk about the Rede or the Charge, I'm with you.

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
Sorry i have not bee here for a while. busy!

Welcome Athelas! Nice to see you here! :D

Originally posted by Idril
Can I join? I'm into Paganism
Yea sure you can join! This thread is for anyone and everyone!

I am an eclectic Witch. My path includes Hinduism, Zen Buddhism, and Gnostic Christianity as well.
Cool! My beliefs are based on Wicca and Hinduism! My family is all hindus so i am one too but my best friend is a wiccan and hanging around with her got me into wicca! It is kinda weird to some people!
Blessed be!

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
Re: The Charge of the Goddess

Originally posted by Athelas

You shall be free from slavery, and as a sign that you be free you shall be naked in your rites.
wow! now that's a scary thought~!!:p no just kidding just kidding! sorry about that! never mind me:) hehe:D osrry, continue continue:)
reem

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
First, the standard disclaimer:

No prayer or spell from any religion should replace the advice of a medical doctor.

I find that some forums that are host to pagans and other magical types have a strict rule about never posting spells and there are many reasons for that. I am sure that many healing spells exist, in all languages, but I have never used a written or memorized spell for healing.

The best spells are the ones you compose yourself, just as your best wand would be one you make yourself, as with a medicine bag or any of your magical tools.

I find that intense prayer, inflamed with Love is the best spell; prayer directed to your own patron deity, but also to the patient's deity.

I believe that the best way to cast a spell is by singing. Harnessing the power of a storm is a very potent way to cast a spell, and singing during a storm, I find to be the strongest of all.

I might be able to be more specific if I know what spiritual path you are on right now. Cherokee Shamanism?

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
Well, this is really stupid, (if you have not tried it!) If you read Silver RavenWolf's book it might explain it better! (This is the only book of her's I thought was good!) It's calles angels!
If you read it it gives you ways youcan heal the person! i have my own method though! it is really a spell either! you dont need candles or herbs if you dont want o use them!

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
I am sort of looking into Shamanism. No specific branch, but Shamanism in general. I believe in the Great Spirit as the Creator of Earth & I believe strongly in magick. If you wish, I'll post my belief statement....it's up to y'all. :)

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
My Statement of Faith........

Hi Spirit,
Well, it isn't brief. It is very detailed. Here I go:

MY STATEMENT OF FAITH:

ON THE CREATOR:

I believe the Creator is known as the Great Spirit. The Great Spirit is genderless. With this being said, the Great Spirit is neither mother nor father. The Great Spirit is just that. A Spirit. It does not demand worship, prayer, or praise. The Great Spirit does not demand sacrificial services in order to forgive one’s sins. There are many names for the Great Spirit, such as God, Allah, Yahwaeh (sp?), etc. What the Great Spirit only demands is you obey it’s 28 commandments, & that you believe it is the Creator. The Great Spirit chooses not to intervene with its creation because they have ignored their maker, sinned against the Spirit, & refuse to accept other beliefs. Thus, this has made the Great Spirit sad and disappointed. Now that the Great Spirit is sad, it chooses not to intervene with mankind unless the situation calls for it.

The Great Spirit is the same God of the Israelites. The Spirit lead the Israelites out of Egypt, freed them from slavery, made them wander the deserts for 40 years, and then finally allowed them to come to the Promised Land. The Great Spirit is the same God who gave the Israelis the 10 commandments, King Solomon, & all the kings of old. The Great Spirit is actually an extraterrestrial being somewhere in the universe watching over it’s creation. Being an alien, the Great Spirit is all-powerful, mighty, just, and holy.

ON JESUS CHRIST

Jesus Christ was a prophet, who spoke the words of truth for the peoples of his day and age. Jesus Christ is not the Son of God, for we all are sons and daughters of the Great Spirit. Jesus Christ claimed to be the Son of the highest God to get more followers, etc. Since the Great Spirit is an extraterrestrial, Mary conceived Jesus Christ in her womb by the Great Spirit who had with her, thus having her become pregnant. Jesus Christ started the Christian faith and then died on a cross on Golgatha.

Jesus Christ did not rise from the grave as the Apostles claimed. They all were hallucinating the image of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ day, the Pharisee’s were in charge and they stole the body of Jesus Christ and burned it so it the tomb would appear empty. Jesus Christ was just a mere human being, with a touch of divine influence. He was not the Son of God; instead, he is merely a prophet. Just like Muhammed, & Moses.

ON RELIGION:

There is no one true faith and/or religion. All religions lead to the Creator, even if the faith has many gods & goddesses. Christianity has made the claim that it is the one and only faith when this cannot be so. Jesus Christ said that He is the only way to the Father. The reason he said this was because he wanted people to believe in him as the Son of God. Jesus Christ, like Muhammed, wanted followers & was a prophet of the Great Spirit. Since there are over a dozen religions on Earth, they all lead to the Creator. They just choose to call the Creator a different name. The only false religion is Satanism. This is because Satan does not exist, for Satan is a state of mind. Just like Hell.

ON SATAN:

Satan is a state of mind. The mind is an amazing tool; it can make us think Satan is tempting us. Satan is like the Boogy-man, and Santa Clause. He is something the Christian world made up to make people believe in Christianity and Christ’s authority. As of 6/25/03, no one has come face to face with the Devil. However people have met the Great Spirit in dreams, visions, etc. With the fact being said that Satan is a state of mind, that means our mind is Satan, and we are Satan. We are our own Lucifer. Each of us is Satan, which is scary to think about, but one must acknowledge this fact.

An argument could be arisen with the belief that we are Satan. If we are Satan, than we are God. God too is a state of mind, except the belief in a Creator, and/or Great Spirit requires faith. There is no reason to believe in a Satan. Our choices determine our destiny. We can live in fear of Satan our whole lives, then we would die and find out Satan didn’t exist. How stupid we would feel! So, all in all, Satan is a state of mind. Which proves, that Satan does not exist as a real figure. Rather, Satan is a mental figure.

ON HELL

Hell, like Satan, is a state of mind. One can believe Hell exists and it brings forth confusion, anger, & depression. Most Christians believe Hell is a place of chopping teeth and screams of pain. This is true, except Hell is in the mind. The mind can produce feelings of sadness, anger, fear, & confusion. Some might say, these feelings would be found in Hell. Whenever one experiences these feelings, it feels like Hell. Hell is indeed, very real, except it is in the mind. It is not, I repeat, NOT a physical place, which one can see. It is an emotional place. There are no flames coming up from the Earth, no demons poking at you, & no burning flesh, so don’t worry.

ON HEAVEN

Being a UFO believer, and being a non-believer in a Heaven, I believe the very word Heaven is not the proper terminology for the afterlife. The very word Heaven, as quoted from the Dictionary means this:

1. The sky or universe as seen from the earth; the firmament. Often used in the plural.
2. Christianity.
a. Often Heaven The abode of God, the angels, and the souls of those who are granted salvation.
b. An eternal state of communion with God; everlasting bliss.
3. Any of the places in or beyond the sky conceived of as domains of divine beings in various religions.

Notice I highlighted the words “The sky or universe as seen from the Earth; the firmament” in bold font. This is something to think about: If this is what the word Heaven means, then Heaven is the sky, and that’s where the Christians go. I believe in a place after death, another Earth, where the animals, the Great Spirit, & the humans live peacefully. All religious followers are on this planet, and everyone lives in harmony. Until the end of the universe, if you will. This is my faith statement. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and your comments are welcome as I always am making improvements.

Last edited:

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
Hehe!
Thank you for the brief posting! lol! But i found that really intresting! I have similar beliefs to you! I dont believe in Satan and that kind of thinks! But what you said about the Great Spirit! (God). He is the creator!
:D

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
Indeed,
The Great Spirit IS the Creator Spirit. PRAISE THE LORD! Sorry, just had to get that out. :) Where can I find more information on Shamanism?

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
Shamanism

I recommend:

Fire in the Head by Tom Cowan

By Joseph Campbell:
The Masks of God
Transformations of Myth Through Time
The Hero with a Thousand Faces

Doesn't it seem pointless to bicker over which name the creator prefers?

Godspeed on your path, Jesse. The road less traveled is always more of an adventure.
:)

Thread suggestions