The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Guilid of Pagans and Wiccans

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
:confused: wow!! Jesse that was....interesting!! i never thought of God as an extraterrestrial!!!
i was kind of nodding my head in agreement to what you said in the beggining but then i was like "er???!" hehe!:p
well, i don't think my religion can be considered as a pagan religion, but i do believe in God, Allah, who created the universe and is not an extraterrestrial, he is niether a 'he' or a 'she', but for some reason we have addopted the 'he' when speaking of God.
he created the universe and that's in it, thus we believe that we are his creation, not his children. that's too familliar and romantic a word for it.
we beleieve in angels, judgement day, and his prophets (which include Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed and many others that i don't know how to translate their names into the English version:p) and his books (the torrah, the bible and the qoran).
we believe that the message sent to us from God is only to believe in Him, the One God, and to be good to others and ourselves. that means living honestly and decently and doing good and so on and so forth.
....we don't believe that Jesus was God's son, since he has no relations or family members:p;) and we don't believe that Jesus claimed that either, nor that he was crusified.
my theory about how Jesus suddenly became Gods son was that when Christianity reached Europe it got mingled with the older European beliefs, since they were unable to fathom such a concept as one god and with nother rivals or sons or daughters or anything.
it's a very natural thing and is expected, since all new religions get mingled with the old ones one way or another. for example, take hallaween:) that was taken from Samhane or soemthing like that, which was an old pagan ritual or something that's connected to the other world or something of the sort. it's not a christian concept at all, and it's a wonder christians (who denounce paganism) actually celebrate it with as much zest as can be shown:p! such examples can be given on all of the three religions (islam and Jeudism and christianity). it's not an uncommon thing.
anyway, that's just what i think.
reem

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
Reem,
If you read the account of Elijah and when he was taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire, the chariot is similar to a UFO abduction case...just something to ponder.

reem

Lunacy is an art form
Reaction score
that might be very well if i actually had a copy of the Bible or actually read it...or infact, if i believed that it hadn't been altered in some places. but until that time, i request keeping the liberty of being a skeptic:):p
reem
ps
though it is a good theory in itself;)

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
The Truth Message For Mankind:

Hello,
Last night the Great Spirit told me my calling was to be a prophet. Yes, a prophet like Elijah, Moses, etc. This is the message the Spirit told me last night:

The Great Spirit is God, yet it does not demand worship, prayer (although praying to the Great Spirit IS encouraged), & it does not demand obedience. This is because mankind is sinful & disobedient. Often times, the Great Spirit stays away from mankind. The Indians and Conservationists are the only people with whom the Great Spirit dwells with. Salvation can come unto those who ask the Great Spirit for forgiveness. Then they are in harmony with nature, the universe, the world, & their Creator. The Old Testament, except for the book of Genesis is the Divine Word. The Koran is also holy, for it is the Spirit's words to mankind. All religious books are "holy".

The reason the Great Spirit (God) refuses to make contact with it's Creation is because of the constant bickering over which religion is the true faith, who is the true God, etc. Not to mention it is saddened by the fact that MAN has destroyed their wonderful Earth and the planet's inhabitants (animals). This has caused the Great Spirit great sadness, disappointment, & even some anger. This is a time of serious testing. The Great Spirit is testing mankind to see if they are obedient.

The Spirit told me that mankind must learn to obey these 28 commandments:

1- Thou shall not sneak out while parents are asleep.

2- Thou shall not do or use alcohol.

3- Thou shall not do anything that harms another.

4- Thou shall not steal.

5- Thou shall not get in fights.

6- Thou shall not break the law, which is given to the peoples of the Earth.

7- Thou shall not think about immoral things.

8-Thou shall not disobey these commandments.

9-Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself.

10-Thou shall not covet.

11-Thou shall not be jealous.

12-Thou shall not have anger.

13-Thou shall not commit ery.

14-Thou shall not lie.

15-Thou shall not destroy wildlife and the Earth.

16-Thou shall not bash out against other believers in a different faith.

17-Thou shall not discuss your faith in places which discussing any faith is illegal.

18-Thou shall not disobey their parents.

19-Thou shall not have any gods before me

20-Thou shall not value earthly possessions.

21-Thou shall not disobey authority.

22-Thou shall not do, think, or act unholy.

23-Thou shall not disobey your Creator.

24-Thou shall not divorce your wife.

25-Thou shall honor the privacy of your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/husband/wife.

26-Thou shall have fun in life.

27-Thou shall obey the LORD your God.

28-Thou shall obey the laws of your family without question.

I am not trying to be a Buddha, Jesus Christ, or Billy Graham here. My job is just to keep sharing this message of peace, & hope. For there is hope & it can be found in this one place:

THE AFTERLIFE

Live life to it's fullest. Have fun, create, share love. Obey the 28 commandments, & believe in the Great Spirit. Other than that, there are no laws for us to follow. How hard is it for mankind to obey 28 commandments? All I ask is that you trust in the Great Spirit. For the afterlife gives one hope that one day they will be reuinted with their family, friends, etc. on a new Earth. Remember this:

We are only passing through this world. Let's live life to it's fullest till it's time for us to depart.

Last edited:

FREEDOM!

100% God Blessed American
Reaction score
Jesus Christ did not rise from the grave as the Apostles claimed. They all were hallucinating the image of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ day, the Pharisee’s were in charge and they stole the body of Jesus Christ and burned it so it the tomb would appear empty. Jesus Christ was just a mere human being, with a touch of divine influence. He was not the Son of God; instead, he is merely a prophet. Just like Muhammed, & Moses.
Did you know that the life, death, and resurrection is better documented than Shakespear's works?

It wasn't the Apostles that were Jesus's 12 best friends, they were the Disciples.

By saying that they hallucinated you are saying that Mary started hallucinating when she went to the tomb, then the disciples hallucinate, wait Thomas wasn't there, so they start the hallucination again for Thomas's sake. Then the 500 people Jesus visited after He rose from the dead hallucinated! Seems a bit odd doesn't it?

And the pharisees hated Jesus, after killing he was crucified they didn't want Him to raise from the dead, the too denied it! So why would they burn the body and make it look like he rose from the dead?

And how many commandments of those have you broken?

Jesse

Christian Tolkineer
Reaction score
Well,
Today I became an Atheist. I just can't believe in a higher power. It's too...confusing and mind boggling. I AM PROUD to be an Atheist. So Spirit, cancel my membership. Thanks

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
Dear fellow Pagans

Pay no attention to the jerk jerking his chain. That's probably all he'll ever be capable of.;)

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
I am responding to a reported post. Please keep your tones both civil and respectful; religious discussions in particular.

On a side note, Jesse, you perplex me.

Thank you.

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Whee... I'm 16 and I've so far broken 21 of 28 commandments... Oh well, I'll get by :rolleyes:

Anyone seen Stigmata? If I was more impressionable, I might well have been converted by it - it's certainly left me with some questions. And has anyone heard of the gospel that was mentioned at the end?

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
The Gospel of Thomas

Gospel of Thomas saying 77b.
Jesus said: "Split wood, I am there. Lift up a rock, you will find me there."

http://www.misericordia.edu/users/davies/thomas/stigmata.htm

Jesus had a sense of humor that is lost in most of the Gospels: "One does not have to disfigure one's face to see the kingdom of heaven." In other words, you don't need to squint to look for heaven in the clouds, because it is all around you.

Or as the Goddess would say: "It that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
the whole point of the thread (for me) was to get away from the bible...oh well...:rolleyes:

does anyone do spells here? or other things? like tarot or runes...?

Athelas

Scourge of Evildoers
Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigSmith
Paganism, and this is to me again, is more violent, you're looking at multiple gods of war, death
Most Pagan pantheons will have only one god or goddess of war and one of death as distinct, individual deities. In the Greek, Ares is the god of War, and Hades is the God of the Underworld, for example. The real litmus test lies in the behaviour of their worshippers. I don't often hear that any of the inbred neanderthals bombing abortion clinics are Pagan; in fact I've never heard of any threat to my country from Pagan Terrorists at all.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
The moon turns orange when it's low in the sky from being seen through all the atmosphere and pollution. It also appears to be bigger ;) I've seen it almost red once, rather cool