🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Help with a translation

Henrik82

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me with a translation. I'm going to make a case for my kindle and on the front I thought it would be a little fun with a rewrite of:

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them .” (if i'm not completely wrong out there this is how it is written if you use our alphabet:

”ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.”)

To:

“One Book to read them all, One Book to find them, One Book to bring them all, and into the darkness read them.”

Thank you so much in advance
Henrik

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
I'm not a language guy here, but there are almost no examples of "genuine" Black Speech (i.e., from Tolkien). I don't believe there's one for "book".

You might try googling "Black Speech" for some words invented by Other Hands -- PJ, video games, that sort of thing. That's the best I can suggest. Sorry.

Henrik82

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. After translating word for word I have come to the following:
ash gâthrak rudtulûk, ash gâthrak gimbatul, ash gâthrak thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
What do you think? Can I be there? Or did I just slaughter it?

user16578

Retired
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. After translating word for word I have come to the following:
ash gâthrak rudtulûk, ash gâthrak gimbatul, ash gâthrak thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
What do you think? Can I be there? Or did I just slaughter it?
Right on the spot! good luck :)

Thread suggestions