The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Hidden Map Message

Inziladun

Reaction score
You say everything that is was just renamed, yet why are there none that still speak those native languages? Such as Sindarin, they were invented by Tolkien. I do believe in reincarnation, and perhaps our inspirations are influenced from outside of the lives we live. Those places existed before Tolkien ever wrote his story, but there are no clear connexions. To me the words and tongues of those peoples would be evidence, for that was the base of his works.

kingoftheamericas

Reaction score
They are gone, utterly wiped from the face of the Earth.

The sites are where they should be, AS they should be, by names really close to their origin...

The names and places ARE real, even if the builders are gone.

Still...no love... :(

Inziladun

Reaction score
So you are saying that our recorded history is inaccurate. And that Tolkien created a world, based on our own, with imagined events and histories that have been covered up so our reality is as it is now?

kingoftheamericas

Reaction score
So you are saying that our recorded history is inaccurate.
Yes, completely incomplete. Research the "Mud Flood."

And that Tolkien created a world, based on our own, with imagined events and histories that have been covered up so our reality is as it is now?
No. Tolkien 'retold' a story based on myth, which turns out is true, or rather based on true events and places.

---

I started watching Game of Thrones, Season One. How in the world has no one seen the Tolkien overlap...? Instead of Sting, it Needle. Jon Snow is Aragon, and I definitely saw Mary and Pippen.

It looks like the same story, just a different version...

Last edited:

Thread suggestions