🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Horse Lovers Guild

L

LegolasLuver

Yeh course ya can join!

those are cool Nef. Translate my name lol... My real name...
Caitlin

Eilana

Reaction score
Thanks!

Name translations - I have a book which is called Names for boys and girls and u can chose a name and see is meaning! Apparently Annabel - my real name - mean lovable. I like to think that's true!

U r so lucky to have your own horses. There' just no way you can do that in the middle of london, because you couldnt ride decently, onyl round in circles. I do go to a riding holiday in germany every year though - its amazing! It means i can't really say the terms in english though. Is paint a white horse?

Eilana

Reaction score
Laura comes from the latin word for 'laurel' or 'bay-tree' which is an emblem of victory and poetic insspiration. The book also says thet 'poet Laureate' comes from that!

You can translate names nef? that's cool! what's Annabel translated?

Eilana

Reaction score
Jessica was used is a name from the medieval times when it was mainly jewish. In hebrew it mean 'God is looking'. shakespeare used it in the merchant of venice too!

L

LegolasLuver

Whats Caitlin mean??

A Paint is a brown and white horse or a black and white horse:D

Below:
That is a pic. of my horse Mister and the saddle that I won:D

Eilana

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lossengondiel
Cool...I never thought I would have such a neato name!
hehe, its i a nice name! I like it.
Is paint a bit like pinto then? sorry, i get so confused with english and german!!

And that is one nice saddle!!!! That's gotta be comfortable!!

ok, caitlin is the modern gaelic version of the medieval name catlin. Kathleen wsa moddled on these names and I think it basically means pure or clean. It's kinda confusing though cos there are so may names derived from or to do with Katherine which is te section that Caitlin is in.
I have a friend called Caitlin at my school too!

L

LegolasLuver

Thanks... And yes the saddle is very comfortable:D

the pic below is from 2 or 3 years ago.. i think i was 10 or 11... This was my first horse Hershey and it was when i first started riding so my mom made me wear a helmet:rolleyes:

Eilana

Reaction score
That's a gorg horse! One thing...the hatler (is it called that? Trenze in german!!) is different isnt it? It has no nose band!?? Is that normal? please excuse my ignorance!!!

and its my pleasure! :)

CelebrianTiwele

To-Be Celebrity of TTF
Reaction score
sry for the long absence.. my name means 'church'. wierd...
just came back from a trail ride. that, that ANIMAL is such a brat!!!! she doesn't do wut i tell her to and she balks and jumps and runs and, and..... ::calms down:: im ok now... i really do love her, but she such a brat... oh well

L

LegolasLuver

Thank you....

And thats a bridle here..... It's a western bridle so no it has no noseband

Lossengondiel

Harry's Girl
Reaction score
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Originally posted by CelebrianTiwele
that, that ANIMAL is such a brat!!!! she doesn't do wut i tell her to and she balks and jumps and runs and, and..... ::calms down:: im ok now... i really do love her, but she such a brat... oh well
Hey at least you have one to get mad at...I only have an imaginary one Bob...

L

LegolasLuver

I never can stay mad at my horses... It's just impossible for me:rolleyes: :D

Eilana

Reaction score
Originally posted by LegolasLuver
Thank you....

And thats a bridle here..... It's a western bridle so no it has no noseband
you ride western?!?!!? ur so lucky!!!!!

Thread suggestions