🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

How do orcs put metal into their bodies?

galapogosian

Reaction score
The biggest orcs have jagged metal armor embedded in their bodies. What is the procedure for this? is it magical?

EcthelionL

Away with the Eldar...
Reaction score
The biggest orcs have jagged metal armor embedded in their bodies. What is the procedure for this? is it magical?
They wore armour but I don't recall any having armour inserted in their bodies. What is your source for this? Which of Tolkien's books is it described in?

Azrubêl

Drúadan
Reaction score
I assume they just rip the orcs open and sew it shut with the metal sticking out. Or some of them have bolts, as if they bolted the metal into their shoulders, etc.

EcthelionL

Away with the Eldar...
Reaction score
That's rude. This clearly is a movie thread. If you don't want to talk about it, don't comment on the thread.
Rude? I apologised for my error.

If someone wants to know how a thing came to be put in a film then the best person to ask would be its director, or fans of the director - not fans of Tolkien, who I believed I was talking to.

Perhaps I should leave The Tolkien Forum - clearly, its title is misleading. It should be renamed 'The Tolkien and Jackson Forum'.

Last edited:

The Elvish Minstrel

Obssessed with Elves <3
Reaction score
My total guess is that no one from the films ever explains this beyond (if even this much) that they thought it would be visually cool for the films.

Either that, or string or nothing ;)
;)

Anyway that does sound most likely to be true, it probably wasn't meant to have a practical explanation.

Thread suggestions