🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

How is middle earth still alive

Daniel Thomas

The Istari of Middle earth
Reaction score
the ents take care of the big trees and the entwives take care of entlings and small plants. but the entwives are all dead so how is middle earth still alive

Galin

Reaction score
Maybe think of it this way: sheep will eat grass where there is grass, going about their sheep business. Tended sheep may thrive better, especially where tending is arguably needed more.

A shepherd can help keep the wolves away, although if we had wolfherds too, the wolves might not hunger for the sheep in the first place.

Or something! Anyway, I like wolves despite my current avatar pic.

My last avatar pic was grass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After the fall of Sauron, all ‘evil’ so to speak was destroyed. And with the leaving of elves, only men settled on the land since the dwarves didn’t journey much above ground, except maybe back to Moria.
So men dominated the world, like today, and I believe that what Tolkien interpreted at the time was that Middle Earth is our history re-done and that dwarfs are actually descendants of the dwarves and that men dominate everything. Although there is no evidence to suggest this. I haven’t seen any evidence against so I’m sticking to this belief.

Thread suggestions