🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

How many times have YOU read the lord of the rings?

N

Novorod

Im jus wundrin, i only read it once but i plan on re-reading it. Please do not lie just so people will think highly of you! That is not an honorable thing to do...

Kit Baggins

Thain Kit I
Reaction score
As Thain of the Shire, I'm very honourable :p , so I can truthfuly say I've read LOTR about 5 times.

~Kit :)

btw, welcome to the forum :)

Legolam

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I used to keep count, but I lost count at 13, and I've read it a few more times since then. So I guess I win so far!

*Legolam throws out the challenge!*

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Well done! I've only read it 10 times (only since last week), but then again I'm sure you are older than I, Legolam (I'm 14, soon to be 15).

christof

Reaction score
I've just read it for a third time, so I'm still low down, but I'm getting there.:D

Greenwood

The Guild of Ost-in-Edhil
Reaction score
20+ (I have lost count), but I first read it in the early 1960's so I have a headstart on a lot of you. :)

N

Novorod

Now i know that some of you are thruthful....

Now i did not place this thread here for people to brag, i just want to know how much the average person read the books. Now some or all of you may be lieing and some or all of you may be telling the truth as welll....... but i dont want people getting into a ****ing contest...

zeuqirne

Reaction score
ok fine! i'll not lie... i read the book twice but im still planning to read it again this vacation since i don't have anything to do at home.....

N

Novorod

sry bout that

oh and by **** i meant pi$$ not the f--- word lol

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
I've read it about four times from beginning to end, and of course I re-read my favourite parts a lot more often.

Samwise

Retired
Reaction score
Two time with the LOTR, probably three with all the partsw i've re-read. Twice with the hobbit and i'm currently reading the silmarillion. I only read it the first time last year but plan to read it a few more times.

Varda

Reaction score
I have read the hobbit, LotR, and the sil twice. I always read them in that order and I plan to read them many more times.

Thread suggestions