🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

How old..........

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
I will provide further clarification for you. Gandalf is a Maia by the name of Olorin who served Manwe in Valinor. He is one of the Ainur or those of the "angelic" order. So he was sprung into existence at the thought of Eru when all of the others were.
Manwe chose him to come across the Sea to aid Man and Elves in fighting the evils of Middle-earth and Sauron in particular.

In his Gandalf guise (body), he was about 2021 years old when he sailed back across the sea with Frodo, Elrond, Bilbo and Galadriel. :)

Bill the Pony

Reaction score
Merry was born SR 1382 and Pippin SR1390. So that makes them about 37 & 29 by the end of the war of the ring (in SR 1419).

Last edited:

Bill the Pony

Reaction score
Oops, I must have been really sleepy when I posted that, what I wrote did not make sense at all. Fixed it. (I hope)

Thread suggestions