🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

If The Film Was Directed By Me

TheDarkElf

Reaction score
Hi, I'm bored, and its left me wondering what is different between the books and the film. So with all my creativeness and lack of sleep, I've written an alternative ending to the film. Sort of an out-take:

LOTR: Frodo leaves for Mordor
Frodo sits in the boat, glumly looking back at the woods. Sam appears on the banks of the river.
"Frodo!"
"Sam, don't try to follow me, I'm going alone!"
"I know you are!" There is a pause...
"Aren't you meant too say your coming with me?"
"Yes, but I don't want too"
"What????"
"Well, according to this, we get into all sorts of trouble" Sam shouts, holding up the LOTR book "But this is the film, it might be different"
"I've seen Titanic, these directors don't mind killing off main characters anymore. I'll see you back at the Shire!"
"Sam!!! Get your scrawny little *** over here now!"
"Sorry Frodo, I'm going home" Sam walks away. Frodo stands in the boat, waving his fist "You ungrateful little ****!!!!!"
Suddenly an arrow flies past and hits the boat, tipping Frodo into the water. "Arghhhhhhhh"
"Cut!! Somebody save Frodo before he drowns" sighs the director. "Legolas, shoot the orcs, not the hobbits!"
"Sorry, but he looks a bit like an orc..."
Frodo is pulled out of the water. "I am soooo the good looking one in this film"
"With a face like that?"
"Shut it, you arrow firing freak"
"Dwarf"
"Hey, who are you calling dwarf?" shouts Gimli

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
That's good, but if it was directed by me, it would be all about Gollum, of course! The scene where Gandalf tells Frodo about Gollum's past wouldn't be deleted. The whole thing would have Gollum narrating, always ranting about nasssty hobbitses and stuff. Great idea, right? :D :rolleyes:

ltas

Apprentice
Reaction score
:D
Any other scenes you would have directed differently?

ltas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Originally posted by YayGollum
Me or him? Well, that's all I would do in the first movie. There's a lot more craziness I could do in the next movies.
I was trying to encourage TheDarkElf to write more of his stuff.
But the idea of Gollum narrating... WOOOAAAH!!!! - that is SUCH A great idea!!!! Seriously! Like, the entire story from Gollum's point of view... Vow. It's so easy to imagine the story from Elf's, Hobbit's, Man's or Dwarf's perspective, but to have a whole different vision of the story seen through the eyes of a disliked and hated creature... To get into his mind...
And narrating it would be a real dream job for any actor, too.

Legolas_lover12

Mentally Insane
Reaction score
that would be kool to have it from gollum's POV. and i liked that scene. LOL. titanic. ROTLFMAO:D write some more.

Legolas_lover12

Mentally Insane
Reaction score
LOL. frodo was the one who took the ring to mt. doom and everything. gollum was the one who wanted to eat bilbo. how rude!!:mad: :rolleyes:

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Yay for messing a thread up just to talk about Gollum! :D The Mods got rid of the Gollum Fan Club, so it's their fault! :D Anyways, so what if Frodo did most of the work? He went crazy and couldn't destroy the Ring. Gollum did. So he's the Hero. No doubt about it. Also, Gollum was only kidding about eating Bilbo. You can't tell that he was just messing with him? Well, maybe that's just some crazy idea of mine. oh well.

LadyGaladriel

Lady Of The Golden Wood
Reaction score
Yay for messing a thread up just to talk about Gollum! :D The Mods got rid of the Gollum Fan Club, so it's their fault! :D Anyways, so what if Frodo did most of the work? He went crazy and couldn't destroy the Ring. Gollum did. So he's the Hero. No doubt about it. Also, Gollum was only kidding about eating Bilbo. You can't tell that he was just messing with him? Well, maybe that's just some crazy idea of mine. oh well.

Did hey really? I can see their POV concerning The one word game . But the Gollum fan club was actually quite funny.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Well, thank you very much. It was the most fun I ever had over here. It was my very first thread and I was very proud of it being around for so long. It had spammed many times before and the Mods definitely had a lot of time to warn me. I guess I thought that they were just letting me do my own thing in there. oh well. You just watch this thing get deleted, too. What would you have done if you had directed the movie? :rolleyes:

LadyGaladriel

Lady Of The Golden Wood
Reaction score
Well, thank you very much. It was the most fun I ever had over here. It was my very first thread and I was very proud of it being around for so long. It had spammed many times before and the Mods definitely had a lot of time to warn me. I guess I thought that they were just letting me do my own thing in there. oh well. You just watch this thing get deleted, too. What would you have done if you had directed the movie? :rolleyes:
who me???

If I had directed it I would have been a very happy person. I would have put everything possible in

Ascamaciliel

Dropper Of Eaves
Reaction score
as would I, though I probably would have had to have taken out some of the dialogue since there's so much. it would be like 10 hours

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
If the film was directed by me
It would be crap ;) *Leaves to go and praise Jackson*. People give him such a hard time, criticising him 'n all, so you need to ask them, could you do any better? Every time, the answer will be no. Anyhow, that doesn't really fit in with the general running of this thread, so...

Legolas_lover12

Mentally Insane
Reaction score
yes. i hated it when there used to be all those threads that were dissin' PJ. i thought he did a very good job. :D

Thread suggestions