🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

If you could have one weapon or item...

Evenstar

Reaction score
Mithril Armor. I love the way that Frodo kept it a secret in the book and the light elveness of it.:cool:

Walter

Flamekeeper
Reaction score
I would choose the box Sam got from Galadriel, for it is the only item or weapon - if memory serves me well - that creates something instead of destroying something...

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
I still hold to the fact that my 'pen' is mightier than any sword. Well, I suppose in this day and age, my 'keyboard' is mightier than my light-sabre!

menchu

Reaction score
These two last ones are very, very good! Hmm... What can I say then? This looks like the thread about super-powers, more or less. After all, you've got a purpose for that weapon.
Probably I'll choose Sam's box, as Walter did. The pen/keyboard, concerning about the story, would change Tolkien words, and some scenes, or the end... (Don't get angry, Anc!)

J

Jorg

If the one ring didn`t make you evil, just invisible.... I would have chosen THE ONE RING.

Mr. Underhill

Reaction score
I would choose one of the Three Elven Rings, and learn how to use its power for the good of all.

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
I guess I would want to be Narsil, or Glamdring or Guthwine or Anduril or......... wait a minute!!! I already am a weapon. I would definately want to be me!!! (12 feet of swinging steel!!)

Tyaronumen

Agent of the West
Reaction score
All of you selecting Frodo's Mithril Coat must be unusually short!!!

I, too, would select Sam's box! I love growing things, life, and the joy that comes from a healthy, free and happy tree. :D

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
I'd really like a bow of Lothlorien (with arrows, duh! :rolleyes: ); I have only shot with a real longbow a few times, and having one of my own might help with my archery skills!
Anduril would also be really great; any sword from Numenor, actually.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
*"Hey! I'm not short!" Tal says as she jumps up and down trying to see over all the tall Elven people.*

Another thing that would be good to have would be a set of Mithril arm-guards. No more string burns! hehehe, they wouldn't be very flexable though...

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
I would have the one ring, a packet of cheese and onion crisps and a length of rope.

Seriously, I always liked 'Sting'. I like the fact that it warns the wearer of oncoming ORCs.

Gilraen

Reaction score
On the tangible side, I would have to say The Phial of Galadriel - a light when all other lights have gone out (or words to that effect). It seems to me though that the most powerful weapons in tLOTR were faith and friendship.

Thread suggestions