🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ignorant Non-Tolkien Readers...Grrrr!

Frodo

Reaction score
Ignorant Non-Tolkien readers...Grrr!

:mad: Grr.. Every1 gets mad when u tell them yor reading the 2 towers cuz they think that u r reading a book about The world trade centers. god.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem,people tell me they are reading the Two Towers (you know the WTC) and I assume that they are reading LoTR:D

PRH

Reaction score
Originally posted by Frodo
CAUSE THEY WANT U TO TALK ABOUT PEACE!!!!!! NOT TALKING ABOUT WAR! DUH!!!:mad:
Why would they assume you're reading about war?

Talarion

They're thieves!
Reaction score
Next time they mistaken Tolkien's work (TT) with modern day disasters... just hit them upside the head with the book. Then maybe they'll understand :D

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
Yes, lets talk about something else. *tries really hard to think of a new topic, but only suceeds in giving herself a headache* hmmmmm, maybe, if I thought more often, thinking wouldnt give me such a headache.:eek: :p :D

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
No offense, guys, but you should really continue this thread in "Stuff and Bother" or some other place....This is a movie/compare to book forum and the name of this thread is "Non-Tolkien readers....grrr".

It makes the moderators' jobs easier if they don't have to wade through threads that go way off topic....

Just a suggestion from someone who has been here awhile...;)

Thread suggestions