🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ilu, Eä, Arda, Ambar, Endor..

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
I've got nothing better to do at the moment, and I know i've posted something like this before, and I was to add something to it, but couldn't find it, so I'm posting it all again..

Ilu = everything (universe, God, spirits etc)..
Eä = Universe (the natural created universe, does not include God, spirits)..
Arda = Solar System (properly used), or the Earth (loosely used)(the word "Arda" means a defined region)..
Ambar, Imbar = the Earth - Means the "Habitation" or "The Habitation, "Imbar" may be a syncope of "I Ambar"..
Endor = Middle-earth (the continent), it is a part of Earth not "the Earth"..

Last edited:

Tar-Elenion

Reaction score
I dont know what your intent is, but this is simple plagarism. If you are going to use others work verbatim at least credit the person who wrote it.

That person would be me.

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
Sorry

Where did you post this?
Sorry, I didn't know that that you wrote it, i thought it was from a book. I got it from a friend a couple of months ago when I asked him about the difference between Arda and Ambar.

And why I posted it?
To clearefy the difference between Arda and Ambar in Dengens Title and my title. I could have posted it in the Roleplaying forum, but I thought it might be of interests for other.

Again, I'm sorry!

Tar-Elenion

Reaction score
I initially posted it in the FAQ forum at Tolkien Online (IIRC), or perhaps at the Barrow Downs.
Apology accepted. :)

fëanáro

Reaction score
the correct meanings of those word are:

Iluvatar: God , "Father of All", "The one"

Ëa: The World, the material universe , or the Planet (planet tolkien).

****tolkien just invented a planet, no solar system or anything like that*******

Arda: "the Realm" which is the kingdom of Anwë that should be the whole world, but later its just know as the region where the Valar stay , the continent where Valinor is.

sorry don´t know what Ambar is.

Endor: "Middle Land", which is middle earth, which is a portion from another continent different from Arda.

**Arda is the western continent and the eastern continent is where Beleriand, Utumno, Middle Earth and other territories are.

Tar-Elenion

Reaction score
Sorry feanaro, the correct ones are the ones given in the first post of this thread. For reference see Morgoth's Ring, The Silmarillion and Vinyar Tengwar 39.
The continent of the Valar is Aman, not Arda.

Walter

Flamekeeper
Reaction score
Originally posted by fëanáro
****tolkien just invented a planet, no solar system or anything like that*******
If memory serves me well, I read that differently in the Sil...

Thread suggestions