🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Images/Pictures/Wallpaper (merged threads)

R

ReadWryt

More stupid Wallpaper...

Hiya gang,

While digging around on my hard drive I stumbled across this thing that I made a couple months ago using pictures I lifted from the PDF version of the Cannes Promotional Program. I made it in both 1024x768 and 800x600 so you could pick and choose the appropriate silliness you might want, but since I can only attach one per post, those seeking the 800x600 will have to move along to the next post. Have fun...

1024x768 Below

Attachments

R

ReadWryt

As promised, the smaller version of the Wallpaper from the previous post...

800x600 Below

Attachments

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
The image quality of the bottom right hand corner has degraded. That (I think) means that you put two different resolution images together, or you used two different file formats....other than that, it's pretty good.

R

ReadWryt

Actually all of the picture of Hobbiton is a bit fuzzy because it wasn't the highest resolution to begin with, other then that if there is aliasing or "ghosting" it's from the JPEGing. But thanks guys, it was just playing around with the images at hand. I like the way that the Nazgul are riding toward Frodo and Hobbiton, Galadriel is looking down at Frodo, Sauruman is eyeing the Ring with glee and the ring is rising up from the water as it had so many years before Bilbo found it...and the Fellowship is headed toward Sauruman and the riders. It kind of fits the story.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
I love wallpaper!!!!!! Hey, does anyone have the pic of Arwen in the lavender dress from the Cannes PDF thingy? If so, could you attach it on here for me? Thanks

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Here's one I just finished last night. It's done on this program called Graphic Converter, which is really for converting pics to other formats, but I use it as a photoshop type program.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
I love the wallpaper! Now, if my computer would cooperate and let me see the pictures when I'm not on the internet.....:mad:

R

ReadWryt

Aerin,

Right Click on them and you will get a menu that has saving it to your computer as an option.

Here is a large format rendering of the Mount Doom I am currently working on in my 3D software. I thought it might make good wallpaper...

Attachments

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Those are good pics. You did make the one of Mordor by computer right? It just tastes digital to me, to express my feelings as good as I can.:p

R

ReadWryt

Yeah, I've started an ongoing project to model and render in 3D many of the locations described in the books. I work in a program called 3D Studio Max with which I also did the banner at the top of the forum.

Hopefully over time, as I add more detail, I will be able to post some decent art, but for now this is what I have.

D

Dead Ghost

Tolkien calendars?

I am looking for a link to scaned images from Tolkien calendars...Please can someone help me? All i got so far is this link www.demon.unh.edu, but it asks for a password...

G

GimlisonofGloin

What site can I get pictures of LOTR swords/Aves/bows andarrows?????

See subject

Tao

Shôgun
Reaction score
You could try armsofvalor.com for the swords, and lordoftheringsshop.com for some other items, but I don't know if they sell LotR bows. they might, but if they do, I don't know where. You could also try this website for swords: here

Check out these swords:

Sting

Glamdring

Witchking (sword of Ringwraith that stabbed Frodo)

Nicholas Blake

Reaction score
The LOTR Character Paintings Museum... Everyone look... =c)>

Hey everyone! :D

The following pictures I created myself (Copyright Trevor Robertson 2002) over the last few months, on the simple accessory program 'Paint'. All of them are my own interpretations of the characters from JRR Tolkiens "The Lord of the Rings." They have become a little hobbie of mine, and I hope you enjoy them!

So now, I present to you...

NICHOlAS BLAKE'S "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" PAINTING MUSEUM!

CLICK HERE!

I am continually updating all of them, by changing colors, adding more detail, etc., and I will post the updated museum when I am finished. Woo hoo!

(PS. Make sure you adjust the size setting from "Fit Window" to "Normal")

IMPORTANT:

Please comment on what you think! and MOST importantly, tell me: What characters do you want to see next?!

Next on my agenda: Glorfindel and Denethor...

M

Mormegil

Those are really good. I thought Gandalf was the best.

I see you came down on the 'Balrogs don't have wings' side of things. Good for you.:)

Its amazing what great art can be done on a simple program like 'Paint'

Thread suggestions