🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Imin, Tata and Enel

Andreth

Reaction score
What did you think about the Tale of the three fathers of the Elves? Tolkien points out that this Tale was not to be considered as a matter of wisdom, but merely as an oral lore for children; this made me think that we have to consider the same way the more fixed version of the unbegotten Elves such as Finwe, Ingwe etc.; so to say, it seems to me that Tolkien was trying to adhere more clearly with a scientific version of the story ( i.e., the Tale of the Elves as the star-folk was merely a tradition, being the sun coeval with the earth ). What did you think about this new course of Tolkien's thought? Personally, I've a soft spot the " scientific " version, being a Naturalist student myself, but surely the fantasy version has more appeal as a tale. And what about you?

Thread suggestions