🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Interesting pic of Legolas

Nicholas Blake

Reaction score
There is no evidence of whether or not that is "correct." That is an artists interpretation of the character, so having a lot of armor cannot be correct or incorrect.

Dol Amroth is a region in western Gondor.

M

Mormegil

He has blonde hair in the picture. Which I am sure is wrong. As a Wood Elf, Legolas should have brown hair.

Nicholas Blake

Reaction score
Again, that is just interpretation. You cannot be "wrong" or "right" in an interpretation of a character that is never fully described...

R

ReadWryt

Heck, we don't even know how OLD Legolas is! I was discussing this just the night before last with someone, Legolas is one of the characters from the Fellowship that the least is said about actually, where history, lineage, age and appearence are concerned...

LadyGaladriel

Lady Of The Golden Wood
Reaction score
True that not much said about him but i never really thought he wore that much armour. Does anyone know who his mother was/is?

D

DarkLegolas

:) well said nicholas.

legolas is my character, but isnt he wearing armor in preporation for the wars?

Unicef

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarkLegolas
:) well said nicholas.

legolas is my character, but isnt he wearing armor in preporation for the wars?
Just finished re-reading TT (again). Both Legolas and Aragorn were given armor by Theoden, before they all ride off to Helm's Deep. I can't remember exactly what they ended up wearing, if someone has the book handy they may find the right passage. Also Gimli takes a shield that belonged to Theoden when he was a boy.

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere how old Legolas was, but I can't find it now. The picture looks nice, but I have never imagined Legolas as having so much armour. Being a wood-elf I thought he would very much look like how he does in the film: just in green clothes with only his bow as a weapon (which is enough fo him of course). I suppose so much armour would be very uncomfortable if you're not used to wearing it.

My_Precious

Gollum For Emperor
Reaction score
I downloaded that picture from Kazaa..
Each time I try to open it, my comp freezes. :mad:
I dunno, I rather like that one, it's just an interpretation of what Legolas might look like.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
the producers of te movie didnt wantto hinder the look of elves which are supposed to be elegant and gracefull. Thats why they didnt have legolas wearing any armor. or any elf for that matter.

Thread suggestions