🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

It's Bilbo's (and Frodo's) Birthdays!

Miguel

Reaction score
Happy birthday shire rat! xD
No, seriously, have a good one; and stop smoking weed.

Desert Loon

Reaction score
It's adorable! I love seeing how the books' influence has shown in popular culture. We have the children's storybook and cassette tape from the Rankin-Bass Hobbit production (a family heirloom), and the music on it cracks me up too.

Anyway, happy birthday Bagginses!

Olorgando

Reaction score
I love to believe that there is symbolism in the date being our world's equinox.
As per my (admittedly haphazard) trawling in Wikipedia, 22 September is the "Earliest date for the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the vernal equinox in the Southern Hemisphere." JRRT did pay painstaking attention to the phases of the moon in LoTR (and had a glitch somewhere in TH). Maybe.
The 22nd did ring a bell, but the one I was thinking of was 22 November 1963, the day C.S. Lewis died - somewhat overshadowed by the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
And "The Hobbit" was published on 21 September 1937 … 😒

Thread suggestions