🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ive seen it 8 times

isilior

Reaction score
okay.......

Ive seen it 8 times
Righto. Did the movie get better or worse each time you saw it?

I may as well ask. :rolleyes: Do you think Peter Jackson did a good job portraying the characters in the movie? (try not to bash; it's not nice ;)) I guess this really depends on whether you thought the movie was good/bad, accurate/inaccurate, etc etc in comparison to the trilogy itself...

isilior

Reaction score
eh, i didn't quite like merry or pippin either, but i'm gonna wait till i see TT and RofK first before i judge them because their roles get significantly larger later and it'll be easier to disntinguish flaws etc

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
It annoyed me a bit that they (especially Pip) were made to do stupid things all the time. In the book they aren't stupid, at least most of the time thay are good and loyal friends to Frodo, who do actually some useful stuff instead of being treated as useless baggage like in the movie. But I suppose as their roles get bigger, there will be more character development, so we'll just wait and see.

L

LOTRChick

MOVIE

:D
HELLO!
i'm new here but i am also a HUGE fan of Tolkein's. I love the movie and have read The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring. I'm reading the Two Towers, and all i can say is Tolkein was a genius!! i absolutely love LOTR!! it was the greates movie of all history of films that have been that are and the ones yet to come. Anyway i just wanted to say hello and introuduce myself. LOTR Chick. so please reply back with any comments complaints or whatever. ;) Oh i have seen the movie about 15 times.. I own the soundtrack, and all the books. Uh yeah has anyone gotten the movie bootleg? just a q! ok bye bye
-LOTR CHICK

isilior

Reaction score
Hmmm...interesting where forums can take you! Yes yes, we'll wait and see what Peter Jackson does with Merry and Pippin, the poor mites. I'm sure it'll get better; PJ will have a lot of complaints if it doesn't, and he sure doesn't want that!

Anyhow, welcome aboard, LotRChick! I'm new myself, but I guess I can welcome you o_O LoL ^_~ I love LotR; I guess we're all die-hard fans together! I could probably get a bootleg of the movie but I don't want to. I'm gonna keep watching it in the theater and wait till the DVD comes out; we oughta blow the sales records away!

isilior

Reaction score
Heeeeeeeeey...is that meant to be derogatory...towards Tolkien, or towards us? I don't know about you, but if we could possibly live in Tolkien's fantasy tale, our lives would be far from...well, the non-existence we tend to border upon. (and it would be great, too)

R

ReadWryt

I started getting the feeling that Merry and Pippin were the R2D2 and C3P0 of the story...they never came off like that in the book. In a great many ways I think that a nobility of spirit and respect for the characters and their perspectives was lost in the translation to the big screen...

Thread suggestions