🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

J.R.R. Tolkien

Mount Doom

Reaction score
Hey I need a nice 2-3 pages of the history of J.R.R. Tolkien. Can any one help me find and/or write one. My peoject on him is due Wednesday, so PLEASE HELP!

Mount Doom

Reaction score
Just A Basic Bio of him. When did he do this. He quit walking into things at this time...

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Your local library should have a book called Tolkien: A Biography, by Humphrey Carpenter. It has a timeline in the back of it if you don't want to read the whole thing.

Lillyaundra

the watcher of all things
Reaction score
a deep dark place where no one can find me!
The Bio. is a realy great sorce. Also check For the Bio. called J.R.R. Tolkien by Tom shippey. It includes summarys about Tolkien, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, And some of his shorter works.

I am doing a Bio. On Tolkien next monday and this is where I got most of my info.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck!!

Aldanil

mad about mallorn
Reaction score
British Radio May Lend You A Hand

Another admirably compact and excellent resource you might look into is the brief biography of Tolkien posted on BBC Radio 4's online site which accompanies the thirteen-part serial production of LOTR, airing as the Saturday Play from January to early April. I don't have sufficient dexterity in the finer powers of our fabulous Forum to give you what Goroshimura so often has by providing the hyper-link directly, but the web address is www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/lordoftherings/index.shtml; hope you find it helpful!

Last edited:

Mount Doom

Reaction score
Well at least I read the book. Any way thank you. I'm sure you'll help me get an A.

Mount Doom

Reaction score
I READ THE BOOK BUT I JUST NEEDED SOME BACKGROUND!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Thread suggestions