🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Lecture Schedule

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
All right...
I would like to take:

1/ "The Realms of the Faithful DĂșnedain", w hich how ever I see closely related w ith "Relationships between NĂșmenoreans and Men of Middle-Earth".
So, I suppose, w hen I start working on the main topic, I'll jus t have to start with the one that here above comes second. And also, I think that to a certain extent, this lecture will touch the subject of "Elvish isolationism in the 2nd and 3rd ages".

Anyway, Eri... ? May I have it?

Now.... There was a suggested topic at "The Study" /Noldorin Forge/ called "Bans, Curses and Oaths in Tolkien works" A couple of people started making up a list of them and then obviously the interest dried out :( Anywawy, as I am interested in this topic, Eri, could we probably include it as a Lecture and I'll do the research and write it ? Or........I have a BETTER idea: the people who started working on the lists could form up a team and as a team prepare this Lecture. Well ??????????

In either, case, what I ask for is to include this topic in the Lecture Round.

One more thing:
I was looking again through the List of the suggested topics and I think that "Origin of Hobbits" is one that the Guild has already worked on ....or could I be mistaken? :confused:

Now.... Nomeee... Common! Be wise! The only thing I objected to was the deadlines-issue! I am sure you w ill prepare a wonderful lecture and I'm looking forward to reading it! I only wish you didn't consider this activity as some kind of obligation or anything... Do it for the fun of learning more!

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
The list in the beginning is not supposed to be the alpha and omega of Lectures :). Any topic is welcome. So, Lhun, if you want to give a Lecture on the relationship between NĂșmenĂłreans and Men of Middle Earth, or a Lecture on the Realms of the Faithful (to me the main difference is that the second topic is focused on the 3rd age, and the first is focused on the 2nd age), go ahead!

Just give me a fitting title :).

I'll add the curses suggestion there... I think that's "historical".

Any other suggestion is welcome.

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
S o, mine will be "Realms of the Faithful " but I think I shall have to touch a little from "Relationship between NĂșmenĂłreans and Men of Middle Earth"
Yes - historical.
As for the "Bans , Curses and Oaths".... Hmm this one, if I'm alowed to take, will take me much more time!
W ell?

Confusticated

Reaction score
Now.... Nomeee... Common! Be wise! The only thing I objected to was the deadlines-issue! I am sure you w ill prepare a wonderful lecture and I'm looking forward to reading it! I only wish you didn't consider this activity as some kind of obligation or anything... Do it for the fun of learning more!
The thing you objected to is the only thing I suggestd... that I would do it without a deadline. Eriol suggested the same thing I suggest (in different words of course) directly after you spoke against it. He was going over your head as guild leader, offering something you had just said you do not want. This is why i told Eriol that you were against. So this is it, it's final... if I get it done and no one else has taken it yet I'll let you guys know and you can accept it or not. But judging by what you said earlier you will not want it like this... you want deadline or no... which is fine by me, you make the rules.

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
LOL.... Eri... You Brutus !!!!!!!!!! :p

Nom, how about just signing in the Round with those topics and start working on them?

BTW, I have received a valuable support for the "Ban..."-topic by Inder HIMSELF! We're forming up a team there. :cool: :)
Who else would like to join?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I am afraid you and Inder are too educated for me.I would very much like to help you but the problem is that I don't have the cognition you have in Tolkien's works.
Can I help you with something,Lhun,Inderjit?

Aiwendil2

Reaction score
Okay, Eriol - why don't you put me down for two lectures on whichever of the remaining dates you think are appropriate - "Fate and Free Will in the Narn" and "A Speculative History of Music in Arda".

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Good! :)

The oaths are yours, then!

I'll take the curses .... Am I not a "cursed soul"!?! ;)

I would LOVE to see someone joining the team and take the bans, but if not... either I will take them or we can do them together, Inder..... Can we?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
oooooooo I can't take it because I've taken two topics and this will be the third one.It depends on Eriol,whether I'll take it or not.I suppose he would not like the fact I want to take third topic.:(
If I can't do it you can do it with Lhun together.

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Eager to work, huh, GG?;)
What an enthusiasm?

(maybe Eriol will be willing to grant you a 'permission' in the end...)

:D

Aiwendil2

Reaction score
Actually, Gil-Galad, I know what you mean - I'd be ready and eager to do a third essay as well.

Maybe we can convince Eriol to add some more dates.

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
hey,Lhun,Inderjit,what about me?
and then
oooooooo I can't take it because I've taken two topics and this will be the third one. It depends on Eriol,whether I'll take it or not.I suppose he would not like the fact I want to take third topic.
If I can't do it you can do it with Lhun together.
Now.... WHAT ??????????
I couldn't finally get it! Are you taking the bans or not?:confused:
Blue Angel, if my memory doesn't play tricks on me, I do have a memory of a "ceratin Manveru" actively participating in completing the three lists on that topic! ;) :p .... Am I right? ......

W E L L ??? ;) .....(You know what I mean! :p )

Inder, do you think the lists are full enough as to start working on them?

Thread suggestions