🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Lecture Schedule

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel
Blue Angel, if my memory doesn't play tricks on me, I do have a memory of a "ceratin Manveru" actively participating in completing the three lists on that topic! ;) :p .... Am I right? ......

W E L L ??? ;) .....(You know what I mean! :p )
Are you refering to me being banished... out here... up north, boss?;)
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
Ok,who will do bans?Manveru or me?
Well, two things...
First of all, I'm not much a kind of a 'scholar-type' person (rather 'artisic one', though I was 'alseep' for some time--should change soon).
Second of all (and I think more important than the first one above;)), I'm still far behind in reading. I'm struggling to finish UT and I don't even want to mention HoMe, which I didn't even see with my own eyes (only at amazon.com;)), except for some 'shards' of Athrabeth...
Maybe I'm lessening myself (again), but I think that it's a 'broad' topic (though very interesting--no question about that) and someone relying on The Sil only can miss some 'crucial' matters...

Unless, of course, someone thinks different...

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
ok I have a suggestion!
Manveru and I will the lecture about bans?!We can make it in a team!Thus it will be the first lecture done by two membres!!!
What would you say Manv?
Lhun what would you say too?!

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
ok I have a suggestion!
Manveru and I will the lecture about bans?!We can make it in a team!Thus it will be the first lecture done by two membres!!!
What would you say Manv?
Hmm... "What should I say?" there comes a brief thought thru a tiny 'illuminated' brain of an arch...

Alll righty then... if I can be a 'help' of some kind... sure, why not.

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
This cycle is supposed to be endless, folks :). I just put 6 dates there because I didn't want a mile-long post. As soon as the first lecture is done I'll delete it and replace the date with another.

The restriction on two topics is to prevent 'hogging'. I'll drop it quickly if you wish. But perhaps G-G can wait until he gives his first lecture, and then take up bans ;).

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eriol
This cycle is supposed to be endless, folks :). I just put 6 dates there because I didn't want a mile-long post. As soon as the first lecture is done I'll delete it and replace the date with another.

The restriction on two topics is to prevent 'hogging'. I'll drop it quickly if you wish. But perhaps G-G can wait until he gives his first lecture, and then take up bans ;).
I like the your idea,Eri!!!Let me finish The Problem of Evil in Arda(I've started working on it!!!!)and then I take bans together with Manveru.Is that ok?:confused:

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
I like the your idea,Eri!!!Let me finish The Problem of Evil in Arda(I've started working on it!!!!)and then I take bans together with Manveru.Is that ok?:confused:
Surely it is :)

I'm glad to add InderjitS's name to the list of our scheduled lecturers. Inder, if there is a problem with the date let me know.

Aiwendil2

Reaction score
Hmm . . . I see I was not added to the schedule. Maybe you missed my last post, Eriol. If it's okay I'd like to do "Fate and Free Will in the Narn" and "A Speculative History of the Music of Arda" for the two remaining dates.

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiwendil2
Hmm . . . I see I was not added to the schedule. Maybe you missed my last post, Eriol. If it's okay I'd like to do "Fate and Free Will in the Narn" and "A Speculative History of the Music of Arda" for the two remaining dates.
Sorry about that, it's done. I was not sure whether you'd like to to both so close to each other or pick a later date for one of them.

So we have the first 6 lectures now, folks :).

That does not mean that people can't pick topics and be scheduled in later dates! Please pick a topic, from that list of from your own devising, if you, dear reader, is interested in our Lectures!

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Hehehe....I don't know Lhun,just take something.Or if you don't you can finally concetrate on Feanor's biography for The Gallery of Characters.I'm going to change some things there and that is why I need to have all late biographies by the end of this week.Can you do it,pls?:(

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Hehehe :)

G-G, I have sort of picked a topic or two and in fact have already started gathering material about them.

As for Feanor .... I am working on it. But to be ready by the end of the week .....? I am afraid I can't do it.... although I'll try. :rolleyes:

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
Drum rolls..........

:D

The time for our first lecture is approaching. Gil-Galad will not be able to deliver his lecture on the Problem of Evil due to real life bothers like exams :(. But there will be a lecture on Sunday, never fear.

On what?

I'll keep it a secret, for the very good reason that I don't know yet :). We'll see. Tune in to this very channel on Sunday :).

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Yes Eri,you are right.My first exam in Dutch is on Monday and I have to prepare myself.I've started working on my lecture and actually I've written about 6 Microsoft Word pages and I'm still talking about Melkor.
OMG,my lecture will be very very very long and I'm sure there will be many discussions about it,because of my thesis.But I'm talking too much.....:p just wait till November 17th!!!

Aiwendil2

Reaction score
I'm very sorry about this, but I'm afraid that it will be impossible for me to have my lecture on the Narn ready by tomorrow. I've been busier than I expected lately - though I know that's a poor excuse. I can , I hope, have it ready by later next week.

Thread suggestions