🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Legolas Greenleaf

A

Arrianna

Yeah, Orlando Bloom did an awesome job portraying Legolas -who just ruled the movie with his bowmanship skills and (I hate to admit I don't know what they were) his other weapons that looked like they might have been daggers or very short swords. If you know, let me know because I'm a weapons buff but the action was so fast I didn't really get a glimpse of the weapons he had sheathed on his back.
There is a lot more to Legolas' character than his hot looks guys, so no, he's not just eye candy.

Isn't it nice though to finally have a movie that has a lot of eye candy for the women?

Can't wait to see the next two movies.

Does anyone have the soundtrack yet? I love the stuff by Enya that I recognized in the movie but how's the rest of the CD?

Ragnarok

Grand Master (Funk)
Reaction score
He used Elven daggers, which are long, thin, and very sharp. I wish I had a pair of those. But I like the big black bow Lurtz used, that thing shot 1/2 inch thick arrows! It mustve hurt.:eek:

Y

Yuber

I always really liked Legolas in the books and i must say Bloom put down a great Legolas as far as looks concerned, hopefully we'll see his character more developed in the two towers and see some of Blooms acting quality.

Im new btw :D
Happy newyear everyone!

aragil

Just another loremaster
Reaction score
Secondarily Beautiful State of Washington
If it was on the thumb-side of his forearm then it was probably the guard used by archers to protect their arms from the fletching on the arrows. Was it in the hand that held the bow, or the hand which drew it?

chrome_rocknave

Frodo Lives!
Reaction score
Yeah--this movie sure had alot of eye candy for us :D I want to see Legolas sing too! He sings alot in the movies and would be great on-screen! I loved his elven quiver thing and those arrows. It was so detailed and neat looking!

I love the soundtrack too, Arrianna! I like #2 and #17!

Welcome to the forum Yuber! Its nice to have you here :D

Wide Boy

Banned
Reaction score
On behalf of a friend who is not a member of this forum, her view is that Legolas was way too pale, dull and decidely un-droolworthy. For her, Aragorn was well out in front in the "I want to have your baby" stakes. Personally, I'm waiting for Miranda Otto in TTT..........

A

Arrianna

Elven daggers

Thanks for the info. Sorry but I'm new to this forum stuff and now I can't see the user name for the person who provided the info on Legolas' additional weapons. Speaking of weapons, the opening scene of the first war was the best I've scene between the elven archers and the warriors using what looked like a cross between scyths (spelling?) and spears and the quick swoosh and splice movement to take down the enemy - and in sync too!:cool:

lilhobo

Retired
Reaction score
you mean Arnie Pecs doesnt do it for you??? Come on Gimli must have gotten ya wet dreams going

and what about the GSOH??? "aint noone gunna throw this dwarf"???

chrome_rocknave

Frodo Lives!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wide Boy
On behalf of a friend who is not a member of this forum, her view is that Legolas was way too pale, dull and decidely un-droolworthy. For her, Aragorn was well out in front in the "I want to have your baby" stakes. Personally, I'm waiting for Miranda Otto in TTT..........
Hey now...you can tell your friend that Legolas wasn't supposed to be a tan beach bum or anything! Of course he was pale-ish!! And in his case, pale is good.... :D

Haven

Reaction score
Yeah Legolas is DEFINITELY cute. I thought of him as more beautiful though...b/c he's an elf and all...But Orlando Bloom is cute without the blonde wig also..

What really impressed me was that he did a GREAT job with his role...and he was still in school when he auditioned. That's amazing.

L

lady galahad

I LOVE LEGOLAS.
I don't know a thing about Bloom, but I've got to say he must be brilliant if he can act such a great character and make him look real.
And his archery!!?:eek:

incredible
I LOVE ELVES:)

Earnil

Reaction score
I think Orlando Bloom did a great job portraying Legolas the Elf.
Infact he is probably my favourite character from the movie.

FrodetteBaggins

Reaction score
Skills

Legolas has other skills apart from the archery. He has the preternatural ability to move more lightly across the ground than any other creature in Middle-earth. He is able to run swiftly and effortlessly across the roughest terrain, barely leaving footprints.
The knives that have been mentioned are Elf-knives: long white knives with filigreed blades.They are deadly weapons for the Elvs make the keenest blades in all Middle-earth.
And the Elvs are generous. When the nine visited Lothlorien, Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn gave them special gifts and Legolas was given a longbow and an exquisitly-tooled quiver of arrows. Good fun being an Elf!
Oh yeah and Orlando Bloom rulz!! He's so fine! And he did a good job in the acting, as he was only at school. Did you know that he originally went for the part of Boromir's brother? Amazing.

Xenith

Reaction score
Into Shadow
Into Shadow
His light shall overcome

Legolas of Mirkwood
Son of an Elven King
Who follows the path
Deep Into darkness

His beauty is beyond
The realm of mortal men
The Lord of Mirkwood
Beauty personified

The light of his being
Overcomes the shadows
Into darkness he wonders
And one by one they fall..

Into Shadow
Into Shadow
His light shall overcome

Swift as the wind
He moves without sound
His enemies await
In the Land of Shadows

Legolas the Beautiful
A Prince among Men
Legolas of Mirkwood
Bringer of the Light

The Dark Lord has faltered
His time has past
Into darkness you wonder
And one by one they fall..

Into Shadow
Into Shadow
His light will overcome

Wide Boy

Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear.

Wide Boy pauses to admire well written verses, but shakes his head with dismay at the subject matter......... Sadly, he turns away and shuffles off despondently to his little cave, at last realising that understanding the ways of humanity is quite beyond him. He bows his head and as a solitary tear trickles down his cheek he wonders whether he can ever again bear the pain of the company of his fellows. But....perhaps, deep down, in his heart of hearts, Wide Boy wishes that he could be like Legolas.......????

Wide Boy

Banned
Reaction score
I really did like the verses, it's just that I don't suffer from Legolamania. (wrong orientation, and besides, I prefer brunettes)

Define love? That would be even harder than getting a consensus view of the movie out of this forum. I'm willing to have a crack at the inhumanly difficult but I can't come at the totally impossible.

Wide Boy

Banned
Reaction score
I stand aghast! You mean something like "The Ballad of Eskimo Arwen"? Wash your mouth out with soap. Besides, Arwen doesn't rhyme with much except Darwin so it's a bit tricky. I mean, "Arwen the Darwin lay dying..etc etc" doesn't really work.

Furthermore, I warn you in advance that if you dare to make such a disgusting, impertinent suggestion about Eowyn (Miranda Otto) I will personally drown your goldfish and paint rude words on your front door.

Anyway, I fear we are lowering the tone of the discourse on the "I drool for Legolas" thread. In deference to Xenith and those others of more refined sensibilities, send me a stamped, self-addressed plain brown envelope, together with a signed waiver and I'll send you some URLs for a more appropriate forum for this topic.

Thread suggestions