🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Legolas NOT LIKERS hotel

Celebthôl

Loremaster
Reaction score
LOLOL, I dont hate Orli that much, but i am annoyed at the emphasis on him, YAY!!!

Yes, yes it was lame...but you are forgiven :)

Confusticated

Reaction score
Speaking of movie Legolas here:

I used to like him, but he is so liked by so many people and I just got sick of hearing about it. Now I am disgusted with it.

I don't see what the huge deal is about him. He's not bad... I'll give him that, but surely he is not so great as people would make him out to be.

If you are going to be in love with an elf why not one from the book? Now those are real elves... especially those Noldor! Who could resist them guys? ;)

But even if someone does love Legolas of the movies... how can they not be turned away by his zillion other fanatics?

Anyhow, the worst part of the whole thing is that now you can scarcely start a topic about real Legolas without folks making it about movie bozo.

The whole phenomenon is annoying.

But it's things like this movie Legolas that make me glad there was no Glorfindel and especially Gildor Inglorion in the movie. Imagine how ticked off I would be if everyone started loving them just because of th emovie and went around saying how hot they are.

I have heard many girls claim to have liked Legolas before the movie even came out, okay I wont say they are lying... but it does make me wonder.

Of all the times I heard of girls liking book elves... it is always Glorfindel, Beleg or Finrod... and yet there is only one elf that I have seen female fanatics of, that is anywhere near the Legolas level.... that is Finrod. (not at this site, with Finrod, suprisingly)

And it does also make me wonder that someone who loved the book character Legolas so much could be so taken with the movie one.

I mean, I can not imagine I'd go nuts of movie Gildor or Pengolodh... there is just no way they could match my image. Even if they looked the part, they could not speak it... I judge that based on the elves in the movie.

But furthermore, there is little book Legolas discussion among these Legolas lovers.

Oh hehehehe... Am I asking for trouble?

The guy in my avatar for example... enough to make Legolas look like an orc. ;)

Elendil3119

Reaction score
Heh heh heh...I'll join this bar. :D

Being a male, I can't understand at all why girls go so crazy over Orlando Bloom. That's really who they like anyways, not 'Legolas'. I wish they'd just call themselves "Orlando Bloom luvers" instead of "Legolas luvers".:rolleyes: I guess this thread is mostly for not liking the movie 'Legolas', right? I don't have anything bad to say about the book Legolas; he was great. Still, I prefer reading about the Noldor...Feanor rocks! :D

Aragorn21

On fire
Reaction score
In the land of India, where the monkeys dance
Yeah I agree with all you said Nóm! Hearing all the Legolas-obsessed people my view of him has gone from this... :D to this:mad: ! And you're totally right to Elendil3119, it's not Legolas any more, Orland Bloom took his place December 2001.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
I totally agree with everyone here. I may be female...and yes, I do think Orlando is very cute...and yes, I love the character Legolas in the books. Yet...I think Orlando has destroyed the real Legolas. Legolas is an amazing character...as everyone else in the book also...yet by Orlando playing, people only like it for him. I think that is ignorant and rude. It is disrespect for Tolkien.

I am very picky about people and Tolkien. Pronouncing things right...differences between movie and book...and so on. And I have to say that this is the thing I hate the most.

You should take a look and post in my thread in the Guild of Elves, A.t.E., or Abuse to Elves. Most of it's about Orlando and Legolas and at the end it started talking about Glorfindel and Arwen. I would love it if you posted your thoughts there!

Anne

e.Blackstar

wanderer, not lost
Reaction score
Orlando is v. cool, but the obsession has to stop somewhere. I am all for a dis-likers hotel.(does it have a pool?)

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Would I not be allowed to show up here just because I don't like either version of that Legolas character? I'm not especially bothered by all of the crazy people that especially like the movie version. I'm only paying attention to the character. They are both the achingly typical heroic type that you can find in way too many stories.

Aragorn21

On fire
Reaction score
YES it's a bar. We've all just been talking here by the door. Let's go inside! We've got a big kitchen inside so almost anything you want we have. Hey, we even have a sound-proof so we can't hear the obsessed Orlando luvers who happen to be one building to our right.

And yes, there is a heated pool. It's temp. right now is *checks* 89F. However, anyone who goes in it must be wearing a shirt and bathing shorts. oh, and no running on the side of the pool. That's all.

FREEDOM!

100% God Blessed American
Reaction score
*Walks in ranting something about hating legolas*
Hello everyone.
Can I get some Dr. Pepper?

Orlando Bloom, is one of my least favorite actors, he almost single handedly destroyed LOTR.
Elves are some of the coolest of Tolkiens characters, but now Orlando Bloom has destroyed their image!

Aragorn21

On fire
Reaction score
*Aragorn hads FREEDOM! his Dr. Pepper. :eek: :eek: :eek: he sees the picture of Orlando Bloom! He runs towards the wall and takes it down. "This does not belong here! Not that I hate Orlando, he seems like a pretty cool guy, I just hate how people have made him destroy LOTR."

Thread suggestions