🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Lets get the judging done!!!!

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I don't think I'm the only person that thinks its less than wonderful that we are still without judgements in so many of the debates.

But I don't think that it is beyond us to sort this all out. In fact I am sure that if Aule was here, he'd have kicked the necessary bottoms long ago. The fact that things have got all out of shape in his absence probably is some kind of tribute to his efforts.

Here is my plan for sorting this out.

- Firstly the hosts are given 1 week to sort out the problems, and get the judgements in.

- People from guilds where judgements are lacking should volunteer to assist. This should give the host the help they need to get things moving.

- If the host hasn't appointed a replacement judge (or judges) in a week then someone from that guild fills in for the host.

Does anyone have any objections to this? Obviously I have no right to impose a solution, but someone needs to do something, and noone else has....:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Judgements needed:

Round 9: Tolkienologists vs Ost-in-Edhil - Judgement from the Scholars. (Host: Rhiannon - Outcasts)

Round 10: Outcasts vs Scholars - Judgement from Ost-in-Edhil (Host: Gil-Galad)

Round 10: Ost-In-Edhil vs Outcasts - Judgement from Outcasts (Host: Nom)

Round 10: Eruhini vs Tolkienologists - Judgements from Periaur, Scholars, Ost-in-Edhil, and Outcasts (Host: Celebthol)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you are willing to resolve this, please reply and volunteer, stating the guild you are from.:) Thanks!:)

I am ready to help for the Periaur, but I feel sure Thol will not let us down!;)

baragund

Brother in Arms
Reaction score
Captain is supposed to judge Round 9 between O-in-E and GoT on behalf of the Scholars. I just sent him a PM to see if he is still interested in doing it. If I don't hear from him in the next couple of days I'll do the judging.

Also, Maedhros is taking an extended break from TTF so I'll do the judging for Round 10 between GoE and GoT. I'll get into that right away.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I would like also to say that Nom is missing and somebody will have to replace her for the judging of :
Round 10: Eruhini vs Tolkienologists - Judgements from Periaur, Scholars, Ost-in-Edhil, and Outcasts (Host: Celebthol)
Anybody from the GoO?:)

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
Originally posted by snaga1
Shouldn't this be OiE vs Periaur?
Anyway, I hope that the judging will get finished soon. I'd like to do something for the Periaur, but since Thôl isn't gone I see no reason why he shouldn't do it.

Celebthôl

Loremaster
Reaction score
Lifes been a bit rocky lately and reading about 60 rather long posts isnt the easiest job at the best of times, tho i will do it.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Ooops! Good spot Niniel.

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered so far.

Scatha, unless I am mistaken your guild has the honour, along with the Tolkienologists of having no more judgements to give.:)

Yes we do need someone from the Outcasts: The-Elf-Herself would be a great choice, since her verdicts usually seem very well thought through. But I said we would give the Hosts a week to return before we "usurped" them. So we should give Nom her chance.

Any volunteers from Ost-In-Edhil? Gothmog? Arvedui?

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
I'll try to get hold of the Dragon first. I think he might be caught up with an exam or something.
If he hasn't turned up by monday, then one of us will probably do it.

I'll send Anc a PM and see if he replies.

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
Anc is a bit short of time, but the O-i-E will have the judging done in a short while.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snaga
Judgements needed:

Round 9: Tolkienologists vs Ost-in-Edhil - Judgement from the Scholars. (Host: Rhiannon - Outcasts)

Round 10: Outcasts vs Scholars - Judgement from Ost-in-Edhil (Host: Gil-Galad)

Tolkienologists v OiE - Judgement pending from Baragund.

Outcasts v Scholars -Judgement from Gothmog. Thank you.:)

OiE v Outcasts - Judgement pending from Nom. She has confirmed she will do this shortly. Computer problems have prevented this thus far.

Eruhini v Tolkienologists. - Judgement from Baragund and Celebthol. Thank you.:) Judgements remain outstanding from Ost-in-Edhil and Outcasts. I'll check with Thol before I do this, but unless he knows something we don't, then as the Periaur have hosting responsibility I will take it upon myself to nominate new judges. I expect to PM Arvedui and The-Elf-Herself to request their assistance very soon. I hope this is ok with everyone.

baragund

Brother in Arms
Reaction score
I'm still working on GoT vs. O-in-E. Oy!! This is some DEEP stuff here, and I feel like a pygmy in the company of giants.

I've digested about half of the debate and I hope to get something posted real soon.

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
Re: Re: Lets get the judging done!!!!

Originally posted by Snaga
Eruhini v Tolkienologists. - Judgement from Baragund and Celebthol. Thank you.:) Judgements remain outstanding from Ost-in-Edhil and Outcasts. I'll check with Thol before I do this, but unless he knows something we don't, then as the Periaur have hosting responsibility I will take it upon myself to nominate new judges. I expect to PM Arvedui and The-Elf-Herself to request their assistance very soon. I hope this is ok with everyone.
If it is OK with everyone, I will take Anc's place and give my judgement on this debate sometime tomorrow. If not, please react soon.;) :D

Thread suggestions