🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Look at this.......

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
This is the hour of Doom!!! Nooo!

Has anyone been to Burger King lately?Theyhave Frodo Lives on all their bags now!

Last edited:

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
The hour of darkness has come upon our world, as it did in the end of the Third age of Middle earth. We must do something to fight this malice that lives in the air we breath, this malice that is used without mercy to its creator. Stand up, and unite!

Greymantle

Reaction score
Friends, the Last Battle has come upon us! We shall destroy this evil!!!
Perhaps the name of Elbereth will cause it pain...

C

Chippy

This is Awful....I HATE THEM I HATE THEM....

Talierin i will smash them up.....i wonder how much they r going to cost.. they have got to be cheap they look so awful...i wanted the lord of the rings to do well but not that well.. i didn't want the people to be in love with movie not the story line from the books....

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry about that...

Macarion

Reaction score
Well, it was inevitable, I supose. Dont' worry. It'll just be a fad for a while and then we can go back to reading in peace.

But I still can't believe it. Crap!

--Macarion

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
When you think about it, most of those (the above merchandise) will be sold to little kids (i.e. the kid in the third picture). There will be a lot less little kids who've read LotR, so they will have absolutely no idea how much was changed. They must somehow be shown the truth

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
A light & sound Sting sword? :( That is definately the most depressing thing I've seen this week.

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
On a lighter note that was my 200th post. :D Now I feel a little better.

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
I can't wait to buy all this stuff. Especially the McDonalds 'McGandalf' and Fries.:)

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
Just as long as they don't make and sell Turin's sword. We'd have a bunch of dead kids on our hands courtesy of a talking, blood-thirsty sword.

R

ReadWryt

Yeah...well, wait till you see the Frodo Fries and the "Onion Ring to rule them all", let alone the Green Gollum mint shakes. Yeah, it's gonna be like that, you won't be able to swing a dead cat in KayBee Toys without hitting some bastardization of the Lord of the Rings. New Line wants to make their money back on the first film so that everything them make on the next two is pure profit.

What *I* want to see is a Big Flaming Eye doing ads for ClearEyes...that would rule. *Snicker* You just have a big C.G. eyeball and Ben Stein's voice...

Macarion

Reaction score
I hope I don’t get flamed for this, but I’m actually looking forward to the action figures. Of course, the moment I get them home, I’m repainting the hair of Boromir, Legolas, Sam, Merry, and Aragorn, but other than that... ;)

--Macarion

Thread suggestions