🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

LOTR theme park!

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
I have been doodling one when I should be studying. I need more creative names for stuff. There's a shop called Mathoms in the Shire section, of course restaurants called Green Dragon, Floating Log, and Prancing Pony. There would have to be some guy walking around selling pickles called Tom Bombadil pickles. There would be lots of places to buy armor and clothes. More ideas or is this just stupid?

bunnywhippit

Reaction score
who wants to invest?!

No, this is not stupid. My first reaction to seeing the title of the thread was "oh, are they going to make one?" lol. They should.

If this a theme park, you're going to need some rides.. or lands to visit - that'd be easy :rolleyes:. You basically need a whole Middle Earth set.

Anyway... lets think. You could have Rodeo Rohan. :confused: Maybe a Mines of Moria Maze. A Shoot The Orc stall. OH! A tree top walk through the Lothlorien woods.

EDIT: A Dwarf tossing contest!! (LLLLLMMMMAAAOO!!!) *wanders out of the thread giggling*

Last edited:

Wizdom

Ranger of the Brotherhood
Reaction score
you could have a super-man coaster ride.... named the bridge of Kazza-Du`m, or however you spell it.

Bill the Pony

Reaction score
I thought you were serious, because to me it seems to be the obvious thing to do with the sets in New Zealand. They made a resort out of the film set for Shaka Zulu (or whatever his name was) in South Africa. So you could make apartments out of the hobbit holes, or the tree-dwellings in Lothlorien. Does anyone know what (will) happen(ed) to the set in NZ?

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
I had thought of having an Old Forest maze, a roller coaster in Moria where it's like your in mining car things, probably one of those water rides for that river, there would have to be a Gollum restaurant where it would just be seafood. :D Bill, I know nothing of the real world. sorry. :rolleyes:

Diabless

Reaction score
- Barad-Dur Tower of Terror- where you drop 500ft or something
- Anduin River Ride
- Rauros Falls Canoe Ride- like a log water ride
- Dress up as LOTR charcters booth
- The Nine merrygo round or a flying version
- Lothlorien Climbing Playground
I can think of toms more! :)

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Thank you, I thought that this was just another one of my ignored threads! :rolleyes: I tried to think of a place that had snowy mountains, some woods, rolling hills, and whatever other geographic features in LOTR, but I don't think there is such a place. I wanted to have a place where you could ski like Legolas probably could on the mountain. even though elves are evil.

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
And after all that you could go for a pint in the Prancing Pony Bar and grill and look around the Bag End gift shop, where you can purchase mugs, hats and t-shirts saying "I went to Middle Earth and was given a good Tolkien to!"
There will also be the Pippin Rock Emporium and the Gaffer Gamgee Garden's picnic area.

bunnywhippit

Reaction score
You've forgotten Meriadoc's Herb & Weed Garden! Complete with guided tours and classes such as "learn how to make smoke rings", "the importance of Old Toby" and much more.

(... was give a good Tolkien too! - LLMMAAOO!! Do they make those tshirts for real? Someone should. That's hysterical!)

Anira the Elf

lost and forgotten
Reaction score
sound good

there should be an archery booth where there will be a contest once every week or so. there should be an Ent game of some sort but i just can't think of what it should be called :D :confused: ........

Eonwe

Upper Class Twit
Reaction score
there would be two places I would love to see:

Smaug's Treasure Mountain (where you get to poke around on a pile of treasure, and then woops Smaug comes back!:))

You Fight the Balrog! (you stand on a thin bridge with a harness on, clash swords with a 30 ft. tall Balrog of fire, then the bridge breaks and you bungee jump into the abyss with the Balrog!)

cool :cool:

And for the kids, you can answer riddles with Gollum gollum:D

Thread suggestions