🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

LOTR Trivia (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
im really surprised that this hasnt been done yet. I guess this game works like quotable quotes. I post a trivia question and the one who answers it gets to post another. Ill start:

What was the banner of Dol Amroth?

Last edited:

Elu Thingol

Lord of the Sindar
Reaction score
There is already a game like this started called Quiz/Trivia I forgot where it is but you can search for it.

Confusticated

Reaction score
It is in the Hall Of Fire section, but it is not strictly The Lord of the Rings. In that trivia thread questions about ANY of Tolkien's book are asked.
Even from HoME...which I havent read:D

Ship, and Silver swan...

Who was named Lathspell?

Last edited:

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Um, excuse me.. But isn't this new thread a bit pointless? I mean I think it's an excellent idea, and I'm glad people are so wiling to participate.. But I see no real point in creating a twin of the thread in the HoF.. But check it out, it's a great place! :)

Confusticated

Reaction score
Originally posted by Anamatar IV
so apparently some one has done it!

This isn't the same as the hall of fire trivia, this one is better suited to newer readers.

Last edited:

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
I would actually encourage that this thread be allowed to continue. The Trivia Thread in HoF is all-inclusive Tolkien and some newbies to the works are confounded when questions pertaining to the Sil, UT and HoMe are asked. This thread's name sufficiently differentiates it from that thread and only questions pertianing to the LotR should be allowed.

That way, even beginnners only have to go to their three trusty volumes and can find answers too. :)

An easy one.... Who was the fifth conspirator in the gang who helped Frodo escape from the Shire? (aka not Merry, Pippin, Sam or Frodo).

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
He set them free, so to speak.

Alright, I realize now that this would be a great place for "newbies" or just people who find the Q's in the HoF too difficult to test their skills in Tolkien-lore. Sorry everybody; the thread will continue as normal. :)
Oh, and another thing: I would be grateful if this thread was kept as expert-free as possible; so mods and know-it-alls should steer clear of this site and head for the HoF. :) If that's all ok and understood, let the asking commence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread suggestions