The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

LoTR vs other fantasy movies/games/books: which one has the strongest dwarves?

EpicnessandCo

Reaction score
I've always wandered about this and I've done a lot of research and I just posted my first video on LoTR vs WoW dwarves because these are the fantasy worlds I know most about. My opinion is LoTR dwarves would win 1v1 combat and prolonged war, while WoW dwarves would win single battles between armies. But what about dwarves from Warhammer, DnD, Eragon, any other fantasy books/games? Which dwarves are the strongest physically, and which ones have the most powerful armies? Consider the armies meet on a field, so neither side is defending a castle or city.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
I've always wandered about this and I've done a lot of research and I just posted my first video on LoTR vs WoW dwarves because these are the fantasy worlds I know most about. My opinion is LoTR dwarves would win 1v1 combat and prolonged war, while WoW dwarves would win single battles between armies. But what about dwarves from Warhammer, DnD, Eragon, any other fantasy books/games? Which dwarves are the strongest physically, and which ones have the most powerful armies? Consider the armies meet on a field, so neither side is defending a castle or city.

What about The Witcher? I think it'd be easy for Geralt of Rivia to lay waste to some monster baddies.

CL

What about The Witcher? I think it'd be easy for Geralt of Rivia to lay waste to some monster baddies.

CL
Witcher book/game series has dwarves as well!

CL

Lych92

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Eragon dwarves are, somehow to me, weak... Spineless if I can put it that way. I'm sorry, somehow I never quite liked the Inheritance Cycle races as the story progresses. Felt like there are no substances to the Inheritance Cycle.

WoW dwarves are good for long term, small raids.

I don't think I have, disappointingly, never been "exposed" to dwarves from DnD and Warhammer.

Thread suggestions