🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Luthien

Urylia

so so lonely
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sort of new to the LOTR thing and I need some help.
Who is Luthien and what does she look like?
This guy in my class said that i looked better than her and the only information he would give me is that she is in the Sim.....oh however you spell it.
Any help would be nice since I'm still reading the LOTR and don't have the Sim....you know what i mean!
Thanks!

Bill the Pony

Reaction score
Wow! Let's say this guy just gave you a very great compliment. For a short version of her tale, check out the chapter 'a knife in the dark' in FOTR. Strider tells her tale when they are sitting in the dark at Weathertop, to take the hobbits' minds off the approaching Nazgul.
Look it up, or better: get the Silmarillion from the Library, to read the full story.

After you've read it, let us know if the guy who told you is even better than Beren?

Urylia

so so lonely
Reaction score
i feel loved

wow...i have some serious reading to do
i guess he likes me
thanks!

bunnywhippit

Reaction score
Ooh. I wish someone would come up to me and tell me i looked better than Luthien. How romantic, and what a beautiful thing to say. And quite original, i've never heard anything like it before :)

Yes, don't forget to come back and let us know how everything goes. Hehe.

*goes away sobbing because she has no Beren*

Eldanor

Reaction score
you GUESS he likes you, huh? Luthien son of Melian is supposed to be the most beautiful creature in the world (excepting the Valar an the Maiar)

Eldanor

Reaction score
(sorry, I speak spanish and accidentally I used son instead of daughter. I don't think Luthien is travesty or something like that :D)

bunnywhippit

Reaction score
Aww, you're too cute Eldanor! Hehehe.

I think your English is a darn sight better than my Spanish. ;) It never fails to amaze me how well people can speak English when it's not their mother tongue.

Beleg Strongbow

Superior Elf
Reaction score
Doriath AND Sydney Australia and where ever "SHE"
Originally posted by bunnywhippit
Aww, you're too cute Eldanor! Hehehe.

I think your English is a darn sight better than my Spanish. ;) It never fails to amaze me how well people can speak English when it's not their mother tongue.

Same here the poeple that speak english here and it isn't their natural tongue are amazing in the way they keep up.

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
This guy sounds great (if you are a girl), not only does he seem very romantic, but he is very knowledgeable.

Give him a try :)

Lorien

Registered
Reaction score
man this guy really like you....whatta compliment and the good part is he knows about TOLKIEN....yay!!!....go for it...:D ;)

maarten

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow

Same here the poeple that speak english here and it isn't their natural tongue are amazing in the way they keep up.
Well here in the great kingdom of Holland ( ;) ) we hear and see nothing but english all day, on tv, internet, radio, manuals, studybooks, Tolkien books (the HoMe series then) and so on. So its not that weird :)

bunnywhippit

Reaction score
Really? You get a lot of English then? I remember seeing something on TV about some people in Germany getting a little annoyed with all the English creeping into daily life.

Sorry... that wasn't really on topic. :eek:

Anfauglith

Reaction score
Really pretty clear to me, umm!!

Well Urylia it seem's pretty clear to me, your friend likes you. Luthien is supposed to be the most beautiful of all the ladies. You have to be really striking. Nothing else to say :cool:. That's all folk's :D

Urylia

so so lonely
Reaction score
sigh

ok so the guy who compared me to Luthien (we'll call him "Beren") follows me around, walking me to class, talking to me non stop about everything ranging from Lotr to music. I think he's really nice, but he hasn't asked me out or anything :(
But thats ok...i'll keep you all posted of any further developments

Oh yeah...personally, i do not look better than Luthien, but that is my own opinion...lol

F

Fiothiel

ok...im a friend of Urylia`s....and i know this guy....and let me tell u ppl, he may know stuff bout LOTR....but he is UGLY!

R

riyehn

I'm not even sure there's anything saying that Beren was exceptionally good looking. (Is there?)

Thread suggestions