🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

M-e Hangman game

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
A-- --e- sa-- -- ---e; a-- -- see-e- -- --em as --e- s---- ---- --e -all --a- --e ---- --e-, a-- --e l---- -a-le-, a-- --e S-- -as -lea-e-, a-- all s----s -- --e ---- -- -- --e la--s a---- -e-e --s-e-: -e---e- ----, --- ----e, --- ----(-)-all, --- --s-le -- lea-, --- --e-- --- --ea-- ---l- -e -ea--; --e -e-- -ea---- -- --e-- -ea--s -as s--lle-. ---e -al-e-.

A, E, L, S

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
A-- --e- sa-- -- m-re; a-- -- seeme- -- --em as --e- s---- ---- --e -all --a- --e ---- --e-, a-- --e l---- -a-le-, a-- --e S-- -as -leare-, a-- all s----s -- --e ---- -r -- --e la--s a---- -ere --s-e-: -e---er ----, --r ----e, --r --r-(-)-all, --r r-s-le -- lea-, --r --e-r --- -rea-- ---l- -e -ear-; --e -er- -ea---- -- --e-r -ear-s -as s--lle-. --me -al-e-.

A, E, L, M, R, S

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
A-- t-e- sai- -- m-re; a-- it seeme- t- t-em as t-e- st--- ---- t-e -all t-at t-e -i-- -ie-, a-- t-e li--t -aile-, a-- t-e S-- -as -leare-, a-- all s----s i- t-e -it- -r i- t-e la--s a---t -ere --s-e-: -eit-er -i--, --r --i-e, --r -ir-(-)-all, --r r-stle -- lea-, --r t-eir --- -reat- ---l- -e -ear-; t-e -er- -eati-- -- t-eir -earts -as stille-. Time -alte-.

A, E, I, L, M, R, S, T

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
A-- the- sai- -- m-re; a-- it seeme- t- them as the- st--- ---- the -all that the -i-- -ie-, a-- the li-ht faile-, a-- the S-- -as -leare-, a-- all s----s i- the -it- -r i- the la--s a---t -ere h-she-: -either -i--, --r --i-e, --r -ir-(-)-all, --r r-stle -f leaf, --r their --- -reath ---l- -e hear-; the -er- -eati-- -f their hearts -as stille-. Time halte-.

A, E, F, H, I, L, M, R, S, T

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
An- the- sai- n- m-re; an- it seeme- t- them as the- st--- ---n the -all that the -in- -ie-, an- the li-ht faile-, an- the S-n -as -leare-, an- all s--n-s in the -it- -r in the lan-s a---t -ere h-she-: neither -in-, n-r --i-e, n-r -ir-(-)-all, n-r r-stle -f leaf, n-r their --n -reath ---l- -e hear-; the -er- -eatin- -f their hearts -as stille-. Time halte-.

A, E, F, H, I, L, M, N, R, S, T

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
And the- said no more; and it seemed to them as the- stood --on the -all that the -ind died, and the li-ht failed, and the S-n -as -leared, and all so-nds in the -it- or in the lands a-o-t -ere h-shed: neither -ind, nor -oi-e, nor -ird(-)-all, nor r-stle of leaf, nor their o-n -reath -o-ld -e heard; the -er- -eatin- of their hearts -as stilled. Time halted.

A, D, E, F, H, I, L, M, N, O, R, S, T

ArwenStar

Reaction score
And they said no more; and it seemed to them as they stood upon the wall that the wind died, and the light failed, and the Sun was cleared and all sounds in the city or in the lands were hushed: neither wind, nor voice, nor bird-call, nor rustle of leaf nor their own breath could be heard, the very beating of their hearts was stilled. Time halted.
- the steward and the king

This is a guess, literally everything was guessed without checking. I probably got a few words wrong but yeah 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Olorgando

Reaction score
Just one word wrong: "... the Sun was bleared …" as I just checked in the book (but already had the hunch that it should be B not C to fit the scenario).

Congratulations, ArwenStar. :)
Your turn.

Olorgando

Reaction score
One more proof that smartphones are not really adequate replacements for notebooks (and don't get me started on display size!).
And actually, you did get bleared wrong … :p
OK, to keep us "in action", I'll post the next one.

-- -- ---- ---- --- ---- ----- -- -------- -- ---(-)------, --- --- --- ------ -- -------, -------. --- --- ---- ---- -- ---- ----- ---- ---; --- -- --- -- ------ ----- -----------. -- --- -- ---- ---- -- --- --- ------- -- --- ------------- -- -- “-----” (-) ------ -- --- ------- --- ------ -- --- ---- ----, --- ---- ---- ---- --- ---------- -- ----- ---------- -- ----- ------.

Thread suggestions