🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Mae govannen.

Dunimraith

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am an English artist currently living and working in Germany.
I am primarily interested in Ecological problems and through the lens of Tolkien's works am working on projects to find a way of life that is more sustainable with Nature.

‘He has a mind of metal and wheels; and he does not care for growing things, as far as they serve him for the moment.’ Treebeard about Saruman.

I believe that there are too many "Sarumans" in this world and I try to oppose them as much as possible.

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
Welcome! You come to the right place to explore the depths of Tolkien's writings. There are some conversations going here on whe why's of where Tolkien put a comma in a particular passage, with numbered letters and Chris Tolkien footnotes being brought out to try and prove both ways.... ;)

Yes, Saruman seems to be the leader of both the USA and Brazil at the moment. I feel for Treebeard especially where the state of Amazon is these days.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am an English artist currently living and working in Germany.
I am primarily interested in Ecological problems and through the lens of Tolkien's works am working on projects to find a way of life that is more sustainable with Nature.

‘He has a mind of metal and wheels; and he does not care for growing things, as far as they serve him for the moment.’ Treebeard about Saruman.

I believe that there are too many "Sarumans" in this world and I try to oppose them as much as possible.
Welcome!

CL

Thread suggestions