🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Member statuses???

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Just post, post, post, post, post, post, post! :) I think after 50 you are a 'Member', and after 100 you are a 'Senior Member'. I think a better way of adopting the statuses would be according to the time the member has been on the board, or even better how often he visits the boards. Hmm...

Eonwe

Upper Class Twit
Reaction score
number of posts is not necessarily an indication of a member's status on the forum :p There are some that don't post much that are very valued by others, and there are some that post very much that are...

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
I have been on this forum since the day and hour it began. I have averaged around 3 posts per day without fail. Post counts are totally meaningless to be honest, for who can say that their count reflects the quality of their contribution? I suggest you do not 'post, post, post' as my old friend Ponti would have you do.

The Webmaster has recently reintroduced the ability to manage your member status by altering your custom user status after 100 posts. Be patient, it really doesnt take that long.

R

ReadWryt

Yeah man, Anc there has MANY MANY MANY more meaningfull posts then me, and HE doesn't get to wear the tights with the big red "SM" on them, but that doesn't mean that he contributes less then me in the Active Hands On Visible Moderator department either! Don't trust or make bank on everything you see attached to someone's name, some of us are really just Moderator guys who do boring administrative and logistical stuff.

Post counts are for Freudian thinkers anyways..."OooooOoh, I bet mine's higher then YOURS!":p

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
Hehehehee, just noticed the 'freudian' relevance of post counts there. Excellent.....did I laugh:)

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ancalagon
I have been on this forum since the day and hour it began. I have averaged around 3 posts per day without fail. Post counts are totally meaningless to be honest, for who can say that their count reflects the quality of their contribution? I suggest you do not 'post, post, post' as my old friend Ponti would have you do.

The Webmaster has recently reintroduced the ability to manage your member status by altering your custom user status after 100 posts. Be patient, it really doesnt take that long.
Three posts a day eh Ancalagon? Try 9.5 for me and going up, up, up! I am not sure how the maths works on the forum though. OK, I'll admit it, I am a maths freak. I have topped the year in maths for the last two years running. And, Ancalagon, I worked out what my average should be, and trust me, there's a big difference! What I have noticed is that once you have posted your average and begin to post over that average, with each post your average goes up 0.01! How does that work?

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
I have to agree Rangerdave, Mathematicians are Saurons accountants!

History and English, now they are subjects worth investing time and energy into.

Thread suggestions