🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Middle Earth Memes

Olorgando

Reaction score

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. If some comments I've heard about why people failed to finish LoTR (it's almost always a fail in "Fellowship"), then Tom's "Hey Dol, merry Dol, …" singing might send the entire forces besieging Helm's Deep running away, screaming in terror with their hands firmly clasped on their ears … 🤪
If you're curious, there's a whole subreddit dedicated to Tom Bombadil where they almost worship him...on second thought, let's not go to Reddit, tis a silly place 😁

Olorgando

Reaction score
Simba, Simba … wasn't that the White Lion from the 1960s cartoon (originally Japanese, like lots of stuff then being aired)?

Oops, no, that was Kimba … 😵

Olorgando

Reaction score
It's a little out of date but this gives a good description :-D
Thanks, Erestor. As with all things Internet, potential in all directions. I definitely had the word "bubble" pop into my mind repeatedly, those closed-mind niches.
Now all JRRT sites have a bit of the bubble to them. But it's out in the open, as I'm assuming Harry Potter or Star Wars or Marvel or whatever sites also are.
But at least for the three JRRT sites that I have become a member of, there is practically no conspiracy theory nuttiness. I am well aware that there have been conspiracies of all sorts all during human history (and most likely prehistory). That is why I emphasized nuttiness. There is an old (perhaps ancient, gong back to Aristoteles?) and very honorable adage:

"Absence of proof does not constitute proof of absence." (One version may be called the "Black Swan" postulate, just popped into my mind).

The nuttiness sets in when this is perverted to "Absence of proof is proof of presence."
What's one classic?
"An invisible cat sitting anywhere would make the place it is sitting in look empty. That chair looks empty. So there's an invisible cat sitting in it." 🤪😵🤢🤮

Thread suggestions