🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Misc TTT pictures

Bragollach

Reaction score
Why is there a picture of one of the strangers from Dark City in there? #31, that's totally Mister Hand. Don't get me wrong, Dark City rules, but... what's he doing there?

PRH

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Do you mean #32? Or do you mean that is just the same actor as 'Mr. Hand' in #31?

PRH

Reaction score
nobody has any comments on what we're seeing in these ones?

27 31 34 9

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
#27 Theoden(sp?) looking down at something he is about to hit.

#31 an actor from anoter production that got lost.
EDIT: second thought. Maybe one of the human warriors on Sarumans side?

#34 Theoden(another sp?) overlooking hasty construction works in Helms Deep. Because those metal things behind him look like a construction site. (Or maybe it is off stage, but that would be too easy)

#9 People from Rohan (the scenery looks like Edoras of what I've seen before) are looking at somebody that is walking there. The walking person is being filmed (at least I hope that figure in front is a cameraman, because of his outfit).

Else I do not have a clue.

Last edited:

PRH

Reaction score
#27 I don't think that's Theoden.

#31 This one perplexes me most.

#34 I don't see Theoden. I'm wondering if that's possibly Eowyn on the front-most horse.

#9 That Edoras is looking like kind of a dump!

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRH
#34 I'm wondering if that's possibly Eowyn on the front-most horse.
I was thinking that as well....Since when is Eowyn ever on a horse revealed to all around her without her helmet on? Another one of PJ's great inventions and character alterations for all the FADs to try and justify again?

Notice the pictures of Sam coming and hugging that little child....Is this a possible epilogue at the end of the movie after the war of the ring and Frodo going over the sea?

PRH

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thorin
I was thinking that as well....Since when is Eowyn ever on a horse revealed to all around her without her helmet on? Another one of PJ's great inventions and character alterations for all the FADs to try and justify again?
When does Tolkien describe her smoking either for that matter. Let's just hope that she took her (Dern) helmet off between takes or something.

Originally posted by Thorin
Notice the pictures of Sam coming and hugging that little child....Is this a possible epilogue at the end of the movie after the war of the ring and Frodo going over the sea?
Lets hope so. "Well, I'm home." That's Astin's real-life daughter so I hope it wasn't just PJ throwing him a bone which won't actually end up in the film.

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRH

When does Tolkien describe her smoking either for that matter. Let's just hope that she took her (Dern) helmet off between takes or something.

:eek: I didn't notice that at all!! Now that I've gone back and looked at it, your interpretation has to be right.....Women who smoke are SO unattractive...Maybe PJ will make Eowyn die from lung cancer...

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
Im thinking number 34 is between takes considering the metal thingie in the background......

anybody got a clue to who the guy with the blue light shining on his face is? Im really bad at connecting pictures to the bool:eek:

PRH

Reaction score
Re: Re: Misc TTT pictures

Couple of others that are odd.

35 36

Q:
Originally posted by EverEve
anybody got a clue to who the guy with the blue light shining on his face is? Im really bad at connecting pictures to the book
A:
Originally posted by Bragollach
Why is there a picture of one of the strangers from Dark City in there? [#32], that's totally Mister Hand. Don't get me wrong, Dark City rules, but... what's he doing there?
If that one is out of place, maybe some of these others are too.

ANB614

Reaction score
:)

Now I can explain number 35. You see, that metal thing is PJ's interpretation of Shelob. Rather than go by what the book says, he decided to just have them burn the statue and move along, leaving extra time for PJ to add new scenes he's written for the movie. Shortening the Shelob scene allowed room for the scene where Eowyn faces her nicotine addiction (pic 34), a game of red rover (pic 9) and special appearances by the Blue Man Group (pic 32) and Chris Kattan (pic 21). There, I explained some of the pictures. :)

PRH

Reaction score
ANB, I think you're on to something.

I know it's smaller and farther away, but it seems Gandalf looks cooler here than here. He really looks like a "White Rider" in the first one. It's good to see he's got a sword on his belt (Glamdring still hopefully?)

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRH
He really looks like a "White Rider" in the first one. It's good to see he's got a sword on his belt (Glamdring still hopefully?)
You would think that there would be no doubt as to Gandalf holding Glamdring, but with "PJ the king of detail contradiction", you don't really know what he'll stay true to anymore.

If I didn't know what Brad Dourif looked like, I would say that the blue man could be Wormtongue under different lighting...It doesn't look like Brad at all, though it could be make-up.

PRH

Reaction score
The only reason I pointed out the sword is because it was conspicuously absent from this picture.

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Well the white shiny robes are really in the way, so maybe that is an explanation. On the other hand, when you plunge into combat, you could have drawn your sword, in case you encounter an enemy.

Or maybe the staff was more than enough?

Personally I thought the spooky guy would be Wormtongue, but since Thorin mentioned he doesn't look like the actor involved, I'm getting confused. Did someone mingle some non-LOTR pictures in the stack?

PRH

Reaction score
Originally posted by DGoeij
Personally I thought the spooky guy would be Wormtongue, but since Thorin mentioned he doesn't look like the actor involved, I'm getting confused. Did someone mingle some non-LOTR pictures in the stack?
Again:
Originally posted by Bragollach
Why is there a picture of one of the strangers from Dark City in there? #31, that's totally Mister Hand. Don't get me wrong, Dark City rules, but... what's he doing there?

Last edited:

Thread suggestions