🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Moria ever repopulated

grishnak

Reaction score
Moria,what happened after LOTR

Last edited by a moderator:

grishnak

Reaction score
Balin went to recolonize Moria. He was killed and all his followers were eventually driven out by orcs. But after the balrog was slain, and Sauron defeated, Moria was there for the claiming.

1. Are there any maps of Moria, or a complete history of Moria?

2. Why didn't Moria get recolonized?

3. Not really about Moria, but what happened to the dwarves in the 4th age. The Glittering caves became Gimli's realm...

4. Was Minas Morgul given to Farimir? What happened to the Reunited Kingdom?

5. What great disaster brought the change of Middle-earth technology, back to the caveman tehnology. Did the ice age end all?

Hope someone can help, I am very sceptic about the 4th age after LOTR. Just a little off the beaten path of Moria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beleg Strongbow

Superior Elf
Reaction score
Doriath AND Sydney Australia and where ever "SHE"
Originally posted by grishnak
Balin went to recolonisze moria. He was killed and all his followers were eventually driven out by orcs. But after the balrog was slain, and saoron defeated, moria was there for the claiming.

1. Are there any maps of moria, or a complete history of moria?

Not that i have seen

2. Why didn't moria get recolonized?

I think the dwarves were really scared of moria after balin died and they would dread to go back. Especially after the one ring was destroyed and they couldn't find thror's ring. Also not all the evil things were driven out remember the wahtcher at the gates? Also Gandalf said that there were even more evil things under their that sauron knows not. Maybe mor Balrogs, spiders or corrupt maia of Melkor.

3. Not really about Moria, but what happened to the dwarves in the 4th age. The glitering caves became Gimli's realm...

I'm not 2 sure but i know Gimli passed over the sea.

4. Was Minas Morgul given to Farimir? What happened to the Reunited Kingdom? Ilthein was given 2 Faramir and Morgul was cleaned out and as aragorn said no one could live their for a long time.

5. What great disaster brought the change of middle earth technology, back to the caveman tehnology. Did the ice age end all?

DO NOT KNOW!!! But the technology of the vala is right passed us silmarils (feanor i know), trees of light, dragons, balrogs.

Hope someone can help, I am very sceptic about the 4th age after LOTR. Just a little off the beaten path of moria.

Dhôn-Buri-Dhôn

Formerly Donnie B.
Reaction score
'For,' siad he [King Elessar], 'Minas Ithil in Morgul-vale shall be utterly destroyed, and though it may in time come to be made clean, no man may dwell there for many long years.'

Minas Ithil is Minas Morgul, and it is completely demolished at King Elessar's command.

Thread suggestions