The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

My (digital) Tolkien art

Belthil

Reaction score
Wow verrrrrry nicely done!
Is there a site where we can admire more artwork from you and the group? :)
Do you take assignements? I am looking for something quit special for this subject's picture just is not made yet, never ... :(

Elaini

Lost in Eä
Reaction score
Thank you! The link to my art is my the first post, though what I'll paint next is already decided.

Ithilethiel

Reaction score
I have usually done my art as a gift to me roleplay friends, so these are their OCs. The group is fully elven and abides to the lore of the Silmarillion.

And this is my latest. She's a lady of Teleri.

Very very nice Elaini. Thanks for posting. I've never tried creating digital art. Which program do you use?

Elaini

Lost in Eä
Reaction score
Very very nice Elaini. Thanks for posting. I've never tried creating digital art. Which program do you use?
Photoshop (details, environment, chothes, hair, shadows), Daz 3D (designing the base humanoid characters) and 3D Studio Max (more details, I also ensure that the lighting stays in the same direction).

Besides them, I try to make the blending well enough to not be able to tell what is CGI and what is brushed. 3D rendering isn't always enough for complete realism. But I do try to aim a for realistic oil painting feel (something like the old renaissance masters), not an all out photo.

Also, in RP setting the artist is an elf lord.

Last edited:

Ithilethiel

Reaction score
Iv
Photoshop (details, environment, chothes, hair, shadows), Daz 3D (designing the base humanoid characters) and 3D Studio Max (more details, I also ensure that the lighting stays in the same direction).

Besides them, I try to make the blending well enough to not be able to tell what is CGI and what is brushed. 3D rendering isn't always enough for complete realism. But I do try to aim a for realistic oil painting feel (something like the old renaissance masters), not an all out photo.

Also, in RP setting the artist is an elf lord.
I've always wanted to be an elven lord! :D
Thanks for explaining your work. Anyone can tell the time and care you put into it.

Lych92

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Do you have a DeviantArt or Tumblr for your arts though? Maybe we can do a follow.

Thread suggestions