🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Narnia secret or BBC B–?

Alcuin

Reaction score
Despite my immense respect for CS Lewis (Mere Christianity, Screwtape Letters, etc.), I have never been able to plow through Narnia.

However, some of you are tremendous Narnia fans. What do you think of this story from the London Daily Telegraph: “Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars”. Is there anything to this, do you suppose, or is this just more poppycock from the BBC?

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
It really seems to be stretching to me, trying to find something that isn't there. Like the reason Prince Caspian is "Mars" is because it involves more war and violence?
It's not something that would surprise me if I heard it was true, really not that implausible, just something that I personally see no backing for. Now if he had come up with a letter quote or even a person who had once talked with Lewis saying that he had mentioned at one point that this was his plan, I would be impressed.

Thread suggestions