🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Necromancy Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cygnus

Wandering Bassist
Reaction score
Necromancy Power List

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has come to my attention (after quite a long talk with Mithers today at lunch) that the power of the Necromancer is a bit too powerful currently. To avoid problems in the future, I have decided that I would like to limit the power of necromancy. So... let me list the current powers and my ideas. (Note: As Lord of the Necromancers, I have all these abilities. Lesser necromancers may pick 3 out of the 4 mentioned here that are usable. My suggestion to them is to pick 1, 2, 5)

Powers are as follows:
1a. Necromancer's can summon the dead, this means an army of a Necromancer would be utterly undefeatable.

1b. Repossession and Raising of Killed Characters: In the event that a character (i.e. Wizard) is killed, they may not be possessed by any necromancer (unless per planned and approved) and will remain dead. No changing sides by death and the creation of the undead. But lesser creatures *orcs* may be raised at limited ammount

2. Soul-binding or Possession: A necromancer has the power to possess and control soul of a person.

Solution: Mithers once again suggests that I do this a little different. Possession is possible but the bounds are that those who are as powerful or more powerful then the possesser cannot be possessed. (comments?)

3. Aging: The ability to age objects is another ability of a necromancer. This ability allows for aging of inanimate objects (I.e. Swords and other weapons), it also for aging of animate objects such as man. This ability has no effect on elves. But to use this on a individual person on the forum you must confer with them for the allowance. You can also make time go backwards. Use this power limitedly.

4.Telepathy and Transformation: Yes of course we possess telepathy and mind reading... how do you expect us to communicate with the dead... they just happen to be brainless. Telepathy is a given. What i mean by transformation is our transformed state. We only have one. And it flies. It's wraith forum. We take the forum of a shadow and can move from place to place much quicker. But we can't change anything else into wraith forum and we can't change into anything but wraith form.

5. Other powers: I believe that there should be a bit more to a Necromancer then just your everyday necromancer powers. Thus i state that each necromancer may use 1 other power rather then Necromancy (Necromancy remain all necromancers' specialities) for the case of the need of these powers to make it more fair for the Necromancer against a Wizard. BUT: the power must be a dark power or Nuetral (Fire, gravity, destructive). I believe that shadow magic for a dark necromancer must be including with the rest of the necromancy abilities as many many other magics are included with being a wizard, this will make a better balance and make it more fair for the Necromancers.

If I have forgotten anything about the power of the necromancer, please remind me. If you have any ideas for me, please tell me. I will deal with powers as they come along. Your comments will be apperciated. Have a nice day.

A Winged Nazgul

Last edited:

Lorien

Registered
Reaction score
so why cant we heal people....???
i mean if i'm hurt i'd like to heal myself please....
and i personally think that if a more powerful individual thatn a necromancer is weakened we shd. be theoretically be able to take over his soul.....
so we have to have shadow magic or can we pick one for 5???

Cygnus

Wandering Bassist
Reaction score
Shadow is included as a basic part of Necromancy. But I say we have that and one more ability. The reason why i say no healing is because of the fact that we are dark necromancers. Healing is an ability concidered white i believe from my personal experiences. And you are probably right, after weaken a greater opponent down then i'm sure you could possess them.

Cygnus

Wandering Bassist
Reaction score
This is the Necromancer's Guild Thread *Obviously* Please post here only business having to do with the Necromancers. Ok... now that we have that settled on to the first topic. The question of the day seems to be "Are the Necromancers still members of the Dark Legion?" Well... I assume we are as of now. Reasons for our alliances are to keep us safe in the current country we possess, which is Angmar (But be ready for expansion... Angmar is too small to hold a nice sized Undead army). But... since the question has come up among the Necromancers... I will be asking now, Yeh if you wish to leave the dark legion or Neh if you do not. All Necromancers please reply.

Lorien

Registered
Reaction score
well Neh from my side. We are Dark after all so i think we should atleast have understanding and working ties with the Dark Legion.

Lorien

Registered
Reaction score
Umm...Naz don't you think we should also try attracting more people to this guild cause so far i only know 4 necromancers....
Naz
Lorien
squee
Pollando

And this isn't much comparing it to any of the wizard guilds with whom we are rivals.

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
COMON EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO BE A NECROMANCER, LIKE COMON

YOU GET TO RAISE THE DEAD AND EVERYTHINHG.

HE NAZ COULD YOU RAISE FLUFFY MY PET DOG FROM THE DEAD, I'VE MISSED HER SO MUCH LOL

Lorien

Registered
Reaction score
i'll raise her for you Eomer.

Waves his hands around and comes up with a very large ugly brutal hound.....whoops! wrong dog.....waves around some more and gets a cute dog which he hands to Eomer. Unfortunately the dog turns into a werewolf every night and Eomer has to kill it. Ah, now we can sing 'Don't Cry' to Eomer.

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
*Thats not my dog.

My Dog is a huge dog a vicious dog. It can kill and orc in 3 seconds. Not bad ay

Cygnus

Wandering Bassist
Reaction score
The big topic of the day is the War that is about to go on in RP 20. I would like it if all Necromancers would bring 2000 undead to the war at least. Just so you know also. It has been sugested that we, along with Cir's men, attack the shire or Lorien(the forest). One or the other. That is after we finish this campain. It is also a possiblity that after this battle, Cir will be putting me in charge of it. If that occurs I will be placing one of you as the leader of the city and it's surrounding lands that i will be given (Concidering i would be happy to stay in Angmar until larger land is found) that is all for now.

~Naz

Lorien

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, this is really funny......i'm in the middle of helping Lothlorien from destruction right now......:D
and why exactly are we attacking that city Naz....i thought it was dengen's area......hey lets go for the shire......more pot to smoke....
P.S. Elessar and Arathin are going to get married in the shire after RP 20 is over....:)

Last edited:

Adeilya

Reaction score
*hides behind Lorien* heh, yep I'm saving Lothlorien also...and I hate to like, rain on anybody's parade, but we can't attack a wedding site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread suggestions