🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

New TO

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Over the last few days it has become clear to me that several TTF members do not wish for me to continue organising this Tournament.
Therefore I am stepping down from this position.

I wish whoever the replacement is the best of luck.

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
May I suggest that you nominate who you think would best serve alongside FoaT as the TO?
Unless you wish for FoaT to organize alone.

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
Aule, that's downright silly - you can't resign as TO mid tournament because of pressure from some unhappy participants.

There has been a few teething problems - only to be expected as this is the first whole forum tournament (we'll probably have new undiscovered problems in the second one ;)), but that's the nature of the beast.

A better way forward would be to understand some of these problems and for you to try and work them out, those which can't be easily sorted - they will just have to grit their teeth and ride out the remainder of the tournament, with the assurance that it will be dealt with for the next event. The tournament has been and is a learning curve, both in content and organisation for all.

You have put alot of time and effort into this project and perhaps some, unrealistically are expecting perfection the first time round. Anyway the long and short of my post is: I refuse to accept your resignation!

I hope others agree .......

Last edited:

Inderjit S

Bootylicious
Reaction score
Big shame you're no longer doing this thing, I think, (a lot of this may have stemmed from the Tolkienoligists inability to accept their loss, though I think you amy have gone to far in your banning of Eriol, which was later rebuked if you are doing it because of your unpopularity with the GoT members then dont) anyway, I vote for someone like FoAT who isnt taking much of a part in the debates and would do a adequate job.

Legolam

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Aule, I'd just like to give you my full support and I sincerely hope you continue as Tournament Organiser. I'm not sure of the exact reason that you're resigning, but I have seen your fair and enthusiastic organisation of the debating tournament and think it has been exemplary.

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
I understand your feelings, Aulë.
But I beg you to reconsider. You have done a tremendous job so far. Please keep it up.:)

Thread suggestions