🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

New Tolkien fan from Finland

Squint-eyed Southerner

Pawing through the trash behind the Pony
Reaction score
Welcome to TTF, Mrs. O! Have a look around (the forums are a trove of information -- I can get lost in them for hours). I look forward to your posts.

Since Olorgando mentioned it, I'll say: Oh, to be able to read the Kalevala in the original! 😍

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
Thanks -- but ASMR creeps me out! 😮

Frankly, I'm more comfortable with "stentorian".

PS: Oh yes: "language".

Last edited:

Mrs.Okrój

Reaction score
I must say that ASMR creeps me out too. 😮 At school in Finland we have to read some chapters from Kalevala and sine then I haven't gone near that brick of a book. Maybe I should take another look... 😍
And thank you guys for such a warm welcome 😘

1stvermont

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm from Finland and have been a great Tolkien fan for a number of years. I'm looking for a fun and friendly Tolkien community to be part of. I'm rather new in this forum business but I hope to get the hang of it. 😉 Happy new year to all of you!
Tolkien loved the north!!! good to have you on.

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
Just an OT note to say Sphere Hunter has been called "ASMR Game Reviewing", which I guess she is, compared to the over-the-top, hyperbolic style of most youtube reviewers. She does have a very soothing voice -- in fact, it seems a lot of game freaks use her vids to help them fall asleep.

Too bad I don't play video games. :(

Cute avatar, too!

Last edited:

Thread suggestions